SRS workers comp

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by okietiger, Jul 25, 2009.

1. okietiger

okietiger New Member

I just recently had surgery on my rotator cuff a couple of weeks ago and it is suppose to be covered by workers comp, they are suppose to pay me my salary at a rate of 70% and I am suppose to get paid once a week for the time I am off work and cant work, so far I havent gotten paid anything. They are also suppose to pay for all medications and I had to refill a prescription two days ago, They sent me a card and all I have to do is present it to the pharmacy but when I went to pick up the prescription I had to pay for it, the worker at the pharmacy said they have to approve all refills. I went and told my boss this andhe said the insurance company has already released me to go back to work. My doctor hasnt released me yet and wont for another 10 days or more. I have tried to call the workers comp people and left a few voice messages and havent had a call back yet. I am wondering if I should talk to a lawyer again and start presedings for some sort of action on this. I do not want to rush getting back to work because I want to heal. I have had surgeries on my knees and was rushed and am still having problems, and I want to avoid that. Not sure on what to do so I thaught I would ask you all.

2. Crawling Dead

Crawling Dead Gz-TeRRoR

Dont go back to work until you are cleared by your doctor. As far as the rest, I'm not the one to answer that. Workmans comp claims are always real sketchy and seem to differ from claim to claim. Maybe talk to a lawyer, see what they have to say about it

3. Mulsanne

Mulsanne The Man = Funk Fusion Chaos

did you fill out an injury report whenever the injury which required surgery occurred?

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Rest,let the doctor contact your boss first and convince him that you cannot go to work and that he needs to fill in those prescriptions and pay for you, then you contact your doctor, and if he says your boss was unwilling, then you try to settle the case with your boss, if that fails you need to drag him in front of court. But i would steer towards a settlement with your boss if possible first, otherwhise the work relation will be damaged. Your boss just has to aknowledge that you can't goto work yet, you are a human being and not a machine, REFUSE to do any heavy work otherwhise you'll be in for another surgery real soon.

Remember your boss doesn't care for you, you are only handy when you are usefull, but the moment you are useless they will try to drop you like a brick in the lake.

Defend your own rights because no one else is going to do it for you.

5. Crawling Dead

Crawling Dead Gz-TeRRoR

This.

I woulda used the analogy of a horse with a broken leg, but it worked all the same

6. Mulsanne

ok another very real question...is this even from a work related injury? You are saying it should be covered by workers comp, but aren't very clear about how you hurt it.

The two questions I ask often play a big part in how these sorts of things play out.

7. okietiger

okietiger New Member

Yes this was work related.

8. Mulsanne

9. controvert

controvert OT Supporter

Have your questions been answered since you posted this?

I'm a certified w/c adjuster and would be happy to help. All states are different. Send me a PM if you want.

10. okietiger

okietiger New Member

All my questions have been answered and everything is going as smooth as possable.

11. ldaggerl

ldaggerl New Member

My father is getting pay checks for workmans comp on top of regular weekly paychecks. But if has to stay out of work because he's in to much pain they only give him one. Just another one of those things that really isn't right. I can see where they'd do that on their side but again it happened at work so shouldn't happen to him. But life goes on.

12. 7960

7960 New Member

absolutely NOT this.

the insurance company is the one to deal with, not the boss. the boss has absolutely no say in whether the insurance company covers meds, or declares him fit to return to work.

13. BoomBoomBoy

BoomBoomBoy Guest

Do not return to work until released by your doctor.

14. controvert

controvert OT Supporter

Glad to hear :)

+1 on Doctor/Adjuster communication- It really is key, especially if tests are ordered/awaiting pre-approval.