work truck

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by ballzofsteel83, Feb 20, 2004.

1. ballzofsteel83

ballzofsteel83 OT Supporter

i drive a 2001 tacoma reg. cab with crappy bench seats, 5spd, 2wd.... its ok for work.. hauls 4x8 sheets of plywood just fine... but i'm going to be driving a lot more now going to customers houses and whatnot and need something more comfortable and fun to drive, but still need the cargo space. i was thinking of selling the taco (10k private party) and getting a used full size truck or suv... the reason i say used is because i'm most likely moving out of my parents' house and don't think i can handle a car payment once i leave (the truck is paid off) so what do you guys think? foolish to sell the new for an old? any recommendations? i need something reliable for daily work driving and needs to be comfortable... i've never been offroading but if i had a 4x4 with potential i would seriously consider modding it for offroad use... so remember under 10k!:x:

thanks in advance!

2. BizSnatch

BizSnatch Guest

Late to Mid 90's Ford F250>*

3. bubbaZR2

bubbaZR2 i poop too much, then i get tired... OT Supporter

you could pick up a mid 90s diesel 4x4 for 10k.. GO FOR IT!!

4. bubbaZR2

bubbaZR2 i poop too much, then i get tired... OT Supporter

My friend picked up a 95 Cummins 4x4 for 10k... Solid axle and cummins reliablity... GO FOR IT!

5. ballzofsteel83

ballzofsteel83 OT Supporter

well i only don't quite need the power of a diesel... but i just test drove the new f150, tundra, and titan. titan = teh money!!! so smooth, so powerful, so refined..... plus its a few grand less than the rest. oh and the exhaust note is pure sex