SRS Work Relationships?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by GTclipse01, Oct 17, 2007.

1. GTclipse01

GTclipse01 New Member

I'm 20, and I work at a restaurant, I got involved with this chick that works there a few weeks ago, and now we're dating. Do these things EVER turn out well? All I've heard so far are a load of horror stories. Either way, post yours here if you've been there.

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:rofl: I've worked in restaurant many times...everyone dates each other...and more times than not they never last and end in disaster. When the two of you have a fight you carry it to work and then have to deal with each other there. Everyone working knows your business one way or another. I've only known one couple that lasted working together in the same restaurant :mamoru: By all means, have fun and try to make it work...but it's going to be hard.

3. verdiocchi

verdiocchi Oh snap!

It's a restaurant job. If the relationship doesn't work out and you have a bad break up, just get a job somewhere else. No biggie.

4. hobbitnomore

hobbitnomore New Member

i agree with the above poster....go for it!

5. Kirbys Autumn

Kirbys Autumn Mrs. Kirby McSpic

I've heard a lot of horror stories too. But, my input is I used to work at a children's clothing store, my bf also worked there. We've been going out for 10 months, still going out and very happy :). We've moved on to other and better jobs, different ones! But, I do agree with iwishyouwerebeer, everyone will know your business more often than not and any problems you have you will most likely take to work and you have to deal with it.
    But, if you really do like her, like I said before you might make it, it's hard work. I'd go for it though. Best of luck! :)

6. johan

johan Active Member

I always thought that was one of the chief perks that made restaurant (i.e. otherwise crappy) jobs semi-bearable.

If it's a career position, don't jeopardize. If you're working a trivial service sector temp...go for it.

7. walkingongreen

walkingongreen New Member

unless u really like this girl and want a long term, committed relationship with her try to stay away.