SRS Work related dilemma

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Ancoats, Sep 16, 2005.

1. Ancoats

Ancoats New Member

The boss is a cunt. (putting it mildly)

None of the four employees like him much as hes overly critical of the work we produce (web design) and has ideas of what he wants us to do, yet he has no experience of working as a web designer so his ideas are impossible to implement. Leaving us unmotivated and we're also woefully unbusy as the boss doesnt even chase up jobs for us to do. Ive had 2 websites to make in 6 months. Thats it. And the second one only took 2 days.

In the 5+ months Ive been here two employees have left, and the guy he recruited to help train the four base level employees (me included) is swamped with helping us, maintaining the server, and doing the bosses dirty work - he basically had an argument at five with the boss last night as he was due to go on a weeks holiday yet the boss said he wanted a full website produced before he went. :wtf: This was 4 minutes before he was due to leave for his holiday.

In short, the atmosphere here is slowly turning sour, yet due to my relative inexperience in the field and coupled with the fact that I need the money im stuck here for another year or two. Most companies want 2 years experience, yet I've only got 6. Plus the fact that I never completed college means I have less options.

OT, what the fuck should I do? cut my losses and try for another company or hope for the best, because if the trainer leaves its four unexperieced guys (we got recruited from a training centre) trying to run a whole professional company whilst the boss plays flash games. Hes in his house asleep at the moment leaving me and the unpaid guy to man the phone - which is not our job.

[​IMG]

And I was so happy to get this job 5 months ago too.

2. infinite loop

infinite loop Statistically speaking, the Yankees do indeed suck

Sounds like you have plenty of free time on your hands.. why not enrol at a college and do your homework/studying while you're waiting for projects at work?

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Don't be a doormat. You don't deserve to be treated like dogshit. Positions mean nothing ,treatment does. You know if your boss wants to fire you he will do it anyway,so don't be afraid. Your boss isn't playing on the ball but on the players. You should push petal to the metal and yell at him that people are leaving because he is a malewhore and ask him wtf is he thinking by treating people like that. Don't let it get to you, the situation is unacceptable if he think he can treat people like that he shouldn't be suprised if people will drop him like a brick. Ask him if he has tasted the rotton atmosphere haning in the work place caused by him. Ask him if he thinks he is allowed to stress people out like that. How are you supposed to build a website if Jack Nicholson is yelling in your ears all the time? I would say something like kiss my ass,crawl on my back, or anything in that nature. Although i do not promote verbal or any kind of violence your job isn't worth the stress that people think they can project on you.

4. dave steel

dave steel My Kung Fu is the best.

Stay the course. Do what they ask of you without complaining. Volunteer to do work outside your job description. Find any work available and do it to the best of your ability. You will see in time that you'll be one of the most valuable persons at the company.