Work out five days a week?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by ParticleMan, Jul 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ParticleMan

ParticleMan Hotter than a set of twin babies

Since January or so, I've decided to become fitter. I removed all fast food from my diet and sodas that weren't diet. Started running a bit.

I'm 6'2", went from 212lbs in January to 182 now.

For about the last six weeks, I've been pretty consistent about what I eat, following the EDU at the top. Oatmeal for breakfast, tuna a couple hours later, and much leaner foods throughout the day. Lots of veggies/fruits and lean chicken breast. I feel great, but I've also been hitting the gym for the last six weeks as opposed to only running. I probably run a few miles (20-25mins) five days a week.

Working out, I've been following a routine. M and TH upper body. Bench press, flys, incline press, curls. Each about 8-10 reps for 3-4 sets. T and F I do lower body, dead lifts, leg press, squats, 8-10 each for 3-4 reps.

Now that I have some more time, I'd like to exercise a little more and hopefully lean out as much as possible. Normally, I take Wednesdays off, would it be beneficial so say, do upper body MWF and lower TTH?

Would I get any kind of extra gain out of this, adding the Wednesday? I'm really focused on upper body, lower body is pretty good, but doesn't need near as much work as upper body.

What are your thoughts? I'm very happy with my progress and hoping to start gaining muscle now. I notice new muscle in my arms and legs. Haven't really started on abs, still have some fat around the mid section that I'm hoping to clear up by the end of the summer.

2. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

Diet is still going to play the biggest role in seeing your abs.

Adding that other day wouldn't be beneficial. You might benefit from following Pur's routine at the top of the forum page. A bodypart split instead of an upper/lower

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.