WEB wordpress + yahoo pipes = auto-content blog?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by nashstradamus, Apr 12, 2008.

1. nashstradamus

nashstradamus New Member

ok.

i have a few domains i just have sitting around and want to make something that i dont have to ever update. ones about football and the other design related.

i know yahoo pipes allows you to take a few different sources and combine them to create one rss feed which you could then use as content for your site.

i know how to output an rss feed from a word press blog but not to input as the main area of content and not a side bar.

anyone have experience with doing something similar? (not robb or yuppy)

[ibeveryonesaysyouramafukincopierofotherpeoplescontent]

2. Necromancer

Necromancer Guest

You already probably know, this type of shit is frowned upon here so I highly doubt you'll get any good info.

There are a bunch of plugs for WP to auto update and I remember there's something called Rss2blog but looks sorta complicated.

3. nashstradamus

nashstradamus New Member

i understand its frowned upon but if im pulling it from other blogs into a yahoo pipe, and it still gives credit and such, it would just all be in one central location. one is for a niche subject where there is not much content, so i figured an automated site would be the best.

4. Ricky

Ricky █▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Yeah i was thinking of doing this, but i noticed a lot didn't include any linkbacks so i just didnt go through with it.

Good luck finding one though

5. MaK10

MaK10 OT Supporter

i've done it using wp-o-matic... but as people said, it's not going to get you many search engine hits since all the content is copied and probably in a million other places.

6. nashstradamus

nashstradamus New Member

search engine ranking isnt my main concern
    i can promote through other means to drive traffic

i jsut dont want to have to maintain these domains everyday and would rather spend time promoting

thanks mak10

7. JesterFX

JesterFX New Member

Not using yahoo but "autoblogs" are a nice way to populate some content until you have time to do real content. At least gives the impression that it is active unlike a static blog that you never have time to update.

I have ProSportsNow as an auto blog right now until I can get more time for it. There are a couple small issues but overall works pretty decent.

8. nashstradamus

nashstradamus New Member

jester that is exactly what im talking about. you have a good domain name but dont have time to update the content.

what did u use to set that up? i like the header img

9. JesterFX

JesterFX New Member

Thanks. Had the custom theme/header done by a guy that specialized in sports themes.

It was mostly set up to help drive traffic into the forums, which aren't really active either as the previous owner sucked monkey nuts, but working on that as well lol.

I just used smartrss and a cron job. If you don't even have time to set that up you can find people on DP willing to do it for pretty cheap and have them set up all your domains lol.

10. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

lol if you want good autoblog software I hear good things about feedwordpress

11. JesterFX

JesterFX New Member

smartrss also has a downloadable app that supposedly helps setup quick autoblogs from the start, rather than using the plugin and cron, though I haven't tried it