WEB wordpress problems

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by ramboni, Jul 23, 2009.

1. ramboni

ramboni New Member

Alright you guys know your shit obviously so i thought this the best place to ask. I have been working on trying to get a couple blog sites up and going. I installed through fantastico and when the first site went in easy. I couldn't get the 2nd site to show up in the root domain. It kept downloading to a sub domain. I thought I could fix this and move it to the root domain but instead it fucked the whole thing up and now i dont have anything. Any idea how to re download wordpress and get them in the correct root domains?

2. Insert Tokens

Insert Tokens Making Cancer My Bitch OT Supporter

With fantastico it's just a click to uninstall a botched installation and then reinstall it again.. or am I misunderstanding?

If you moved the files, and now fantastico is not letting you do stuff, it's because fantastico has hidden files giving paths etc.. move everything back to where it was and fantastico should let you manage the sites again.

3. redna

redna New Member

Maybe it's because I've been in front of a computer for 18 hours, but are you trying to install 2 wordpress blogs on the SAME domain, BOTH in the root?

Or is this separate installations on 2 domains, both in the root?

As far as the uninstall, move all your files back to where they were then use fantastico to uninstall it.

That should do it.

4. whomadewho

whomadewho Ohhh FCN Ohhhhh FCN!

could it be that you did the first one to www.domain.com and then the second one you are doing on www.domain.com/blog which might also be the same as blog.domain.com? I don't really get it either. When you say root, do you mean the actual root or just the root of another domain. fuck me it's 4am I am confusing myself more just by typing this

5. ramboni

ramboni New Member

Sorry about the late response and confusion. I have 2 completely separate domains hosted through bounceweb. To make it simple lets call them www.domain.com and www.wordpress.com. I used fantastico to install wordpress on www.domain.com and there were no problems. When I tried to install wordpress on www.wordpress.com it made me create a subfolder or subdomain I guess. So it will only show the blog on www.wordpress.com/blog instead of www.wordpress.com. I tried to fix it and it messed up everything so I just deleted it through fantastico. Now I want to try again and get it right.

6. redna

redna New Member

Ah... okay.

Create an ADDON domain (not subdomain) before you install with fantastico, then retry. Hopefully your host allows you to host as many domains as you want.

7. ramboni

ramboni New Member

The add on domain has already been created. I am going to reinstall wordpress on both of the domains and this is the error I am getting.
    Install WordPress (2/3)

The installation can not be completed:

- You cannot install more than one script in the root directory of a domain.

Click on the browser's Back button to fix reported errors.

But when I look in thne root directory I dont see anything in the files.

8. Insert Tokens

Insert Tokens Making Cancer My Bitch OT Supporter

You've got a leftover fantastico file that is telling itself there is something in root. Probably because you manually deleted the installation?

Look in /.fantasticodata/installed_in_root.php (path might be different on your server)

There'll be something like:

Code:
    <?
    $installed_in_root["domain.com"] = 1;
    ?>

Delete it.

If there's multiple, eg:

Code:
    <?
    $installed_in_root["domain.com"] = 1;  $installed_in_root["domain2.com"] = 1;
    ?>

Just delete the entry for your domain you're trying to install to.. not all the contents or the file itself.