WEB Wordpress issue

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Will Monotone, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Will Monotone

Will Monotone New Member

Hey guys,

i want to keep the search bar, login and twitter widgets on all the main pages, except for individual artist pages. Instead, i want custom sidebars on the right of each artist page with each artists link, etc. He figured that out, but doesn't know how to get rid of the search, login, and twitter from individual artist pages. Ultimately here is my issue, on my former theme i had the option when i was editing pages to use "Custom Sidebar" now when switching over to this new theme im not having that option so this is the procedure i tried, one i tried taking some php for the former theme and implementing it into this new one (no success) next ive tried editing the css for certain template files which was the closest i got to getting it to look the way i wanted but the content in the default sidebar would just move to the bottom of the page, now what i am trying to do is to edit this so i can just use it on the artist page i do not want to delete or edit any of the master content due to the fact that the default side bar should be showing on all other page except the individual artists, so that being said i have tried editing each template php file but there is nothing to edit this is what they look like:

Code:
    <?php /* Mystique/digitalnature

Template Name: 3 column page (sidebars on the left)
     */

include(TEMPLATEPATH . '/page.php');
     // exactly the same as page.php (only file name is needed for the check)
    ?>

now i am not to familiar with css or php but i am learning the basic's as i am not in the web development field

Any ideas? Here's the site www.hushrecordings.com/wordpress

2. assclown

assclown Active Member

Will Monotone :bowdown:

3. Browning

Browning Active Member

4. fishbulb

fishbulb Active Member

One way to do it is make a new template file, for artists only. Here's how to do it, assuming you have a page.php file in your theme directory that is now showing both sidebars.

Copy all of page.php's content into a new file called artists.php or something, doesn't matter what you choose, just so you know what it is.

Remove something like this from the top of artists.php
    Code:

/**
     */

and in it's place, add
    Code:

/*
    Template Name: Artists
    */

Remove the reference to the sidebar you don't want on the artists page, save the file and go back to your /wp-admin/ page.

Open up an artist page in your editor, and look under the right attributes column, and change the template drop down to Artists ( or whatever you wrote in between the /* */ above. Save and see if it worked.

5. assclown

assclown Active Member

Looks like it's all sorted out. Site looks great. :bigok: