wording breakup as taking a break?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by pocketkings, May 14, 2007.

1. pocketkings

pocketkings New Member

I have done some thinking and I am leading towards me needing time to myself. It steams from alot of reasons mainly we have both become complacent and the attraction towards each other has gone down. Her sex drive is no where near mine. She has had quite a few partners before me and she was my first. Is there any point in wording it I think we should take a break, I need to think about things and have time to myself?

2. pocketkings

pocketkings New Member

ya.. I guess that still really doesnt close the door, I am not 100% convinced I want to do that yet. But i also understand that she wont wait for me. She always said that she doesnt believe in taking a break...but I think its the best for me right now.

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

As we all know "I think we should take a break" will always come off as (and usually means) "we are through for good." It's rare for couples to actually get back together and work (forever) after taking a "break." I know you say it's just because you want some time to yourself, but even from the very few other details it really just sounds like the relationship is over and you want an easy out that doesn't sound as mean or scary as a final "we're done."

Just man-up. Obviously you want to be single and find someone that you are attracted to, who does have the same sex drive as you; and that's understandable. You need to just tell her that you don't feel the same and have decided that you would be better of for awhile on your own-you'd be surprised to find she might feel the exact same way.

4. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

I agree

"I want to take a break" almost always means "I want to go fuck someone else, but keep you in my back pocket if I can't find anyone better than you, or if I get lonely".

Just break up with her.

5. pocketkings

pocketkings New Member

thanks for the advice. I doubt she will feel the same way. We have a talk recently were it sounded like I might be dropping the bomb and she was so upset. i was basically talking about improving our sex life etc. things have gotten a bit better, but its not 100%. :hs:

its almost like she has had her fun, done things, and isnt willing to try them or do them again. i still want to be freaky and it seems her drive is just gone down. The shitty part is she is fine with that, doesnt seem like she misses it. It bothers me when I know she has done stuff in the past, but i have to pull teeth for her to do it with me.

6. iwishyouwerebeer

Yeah....can I ask what kind of things? And if you don't want to answer that can I at least ask how long you two have even been together?

Last edited: May 14, 2007
  7. pocketkings

pocketkings New Member

i know she has done a 3 some when she was younger..that bothers me i wish she hadnt told me. i know she use to give head more before too and now hardly ever does with me asking and then its for like a min. she use to get with popular guys, so i know she probably bent over backwards to do what they wanted. anal is another one she has done, doesnt like it wont do it again, along with swallowing.

been together for 2.5 years

8. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

maybe she doesnt want to act like a slut anymore?

9. OoOlAlA

OoOlAlA New Member

A break means to me "I wan't to break up and be able to fuck other people, when I am done having my fun we can get back together". I don't take breaks. If my boyfriend said he wanted one then I would give him one, but it would be permanent. Hopefully your girlfriend doesn't feel the same way about them. Maybe you should consider breaking up so you can explore new things and see what else is out there.

10. iwishyouwerebeer

:rofl: Not saying he's a hypocrite, but it just goes to show how no one is ever satisfied. We have all sorts of threads about guys saying they don't want a girl who has been with a lot of men, but then they also want a girl who is very sexual and open-minded about trying things....but guess what, virgins aren't oversexed or impressive in the sack!

Either way, I feel for the guy. Goes to show how you sometimes don't want to know about someone's sexual past.

11. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

If people had lots of sex with a few LTRs they would have a low total number of partners but they'd have lots of experience.

12. iwishyouwerebeer

Very true. I have pointed this out in those other threads a well.