MMA Word to the wise.......

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Searcher, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Searcher

Searcher New Member

If you ever have the chance to roll with an olympic level greco roman wrestler, even though they don't know bjj at all, BE FUCKING CAREFUL, you will be sore for awhile........

The guy I was rolling with is a friend of mine named Corey Farkas.....This guy beat Rulon Gardner in Nationals.....He probably would have beat him in the trials for the 04 olympics if he hadn't messed up his shoulder, which know has 6 titanium screws.....Anyway.....Just becareful of the power and holds these guys can do.....He did a low gut wrench on me and I swear I almost shit myself.....:rofl::rofl:

Ninja Edit....I should have known something was up when he said Couture and Henderson are personal friends of his and he rolled with them all the time Olympic Training Center here and went to college with Henderson.....I am going to ask him to put in a phone call and try to have them take a small trip to come see us......

Last edited: Jun 7, 2007
  2. Placebo

Placebo New Member

Learn as much as you can from him about throws and the like and then post here :x:

3. Searcher

Searcher New Member

Here is the kicker......I am 6'4 275 pounds......Corey is 6'4 330......I feel like a fucking rag doll.....I won't let this guy get ahold of me again unless we are on the ground......When he threw me and landed on me I thought something broke, something being every part of my body that he landed on.....He told me it is very common to get knocked out, dislocate your shoulder, crack or break ribs......MY WHOLE UPPER BODY HURTS, I MEAN EVERYTHING FROM THE STOMACH UP......

4. Placebo

Placebo New Member

I'd piss him off and pull guard everytime. No way I would stand with a twice my weight and 10x my skill standing.

5. Searcher

Searcher New Member

What type of guard.....You can't get your legs around the guy.....I barely can and my legs are long....You butterfly and you are getting crushed.....His base is just fucked....The weight distribution and counter balance are secondary like breathing for him.....Just the pure strength is hard to counter without serious angles.....

NE...I hope he becomes a regular and doesn't start training for the 08 olympics.....I will learn so much from him and having him as a partner will help my game soooo much....

6. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

that sounds pretty nasty. get in as much training as you can with him.

7. Searcher

Searcher New Member

I am going to do my best training with him.....

8. Placebo

Placebo New Member

I never do closed guard especially on wrestlers. It all depends on his positioning. Rubber, X, etc... Keeping your space is critical. A foot on the hip, bicep, inside of knee, etc... is also important for distancing.

9. Searcher

Searcher New Member

While I am in guard I am fine....It is when he gets a hold of me standing up that just royally sucks.....

10. Trisomy21

Trisomy21 New Member

I've always wanted to go against a greco guy. The only wrestler I've been up against couldn't do a hard takedown for crap. Just landed like a pillow and went to the guard.

11. Titus

Titus New Member

i used to wrestle w/ this this kid rocky cozart who was a 3 timejunior national champ in freestyle and took second in greco and his throws were siccccckkkkkk. he wrestles at michigan state now

12. xinster

xinster New Member

rulon gardner's top tier

13. Placebo

Placebo New Member

No shit. I train with a lot of the wrestlers from state. I'll have to ask about him.

14. Sammo

Sammo New Member

I always wondered: why do you train judo instead of wrestling? or do you train wrestling as well?

15. Titus

Titus New Member

rocky is a badass. his dad coaches brandon highschool here... look it up. they've been undefeated in duals for like 30 years or some shit. it's just a wrestling factory...