Woot getting another Mac...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Bolicious, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Bolicious

Bolicious Handleobraese

My job agreed to replace my 2.5 year old Sony Vaio with a PowerMac. I have requested at least the 2.0 DG5 like I have at home with 1g of ram or better. I'm pretty sure they will get me the 2.5 DG5 just to get more longterm use out of it. They were about to get it today, but I asked them to wait until after the expo to see if Apple suprises me by upgrading the processor speeds on their models. I would shoot myself if they release a 3.0 G5 or better and I am left behind because I couldn't wait a few weeks.

:hsd:

2. dmora

dmora Guest

good idea... no harm in waiting.

3. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

i think they're definitely going to surprise us with something cool (as usual). i was at the apple store yesterday helping an older friend shop for a new mac. i had mentioned the rumored headless iMac to him on the way there. he didn't know of apple's tight lipped policies and he asked one of the people who helped us what the new machines were going to be like. said person cocked their head to the side a bit, smiled a bit and said "new machines? what new machines?" i looked at him said "you won't get anything out of them." to which said person agreed and suggested that he might want to see what steve had to say at the expo coming up in january, followed by another smile. while it's possible that they don't know anything for sure either, i'd definitely wait.

4. dmora

dmora Guest

They never know anything. No one ever does except the E&R team, Engineering, and the big wigs. We never knew shit when i worked at Apple.

5. Bolicious

Bolicious Handleobraese

Yeah, store employees would not be informed of shit. Most likely they follow the Mac sites and rumors as much as the owners do. So they prolly have the same thoughts in their head as we do ours.

6. agent0068

agent0068 OT Supporter

each team within apple has to keep their project a secret from all other teams, so there's just as much confusion as to what's up-and-coming inside among engineers as their is outside, so i can promise you that retail store employees are not exactly going to be the trusted guardians of company secrets