WOOPS deleted a printer off of our PDC

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by FLY-FAST, Jan 14, 2004.

1. FLY-FAST

FLY-FAST OT Supporter

Ok, I was logged into our PDC, and I literally clicked "delete" on a printer. Now, its no longer showing up as part of our network. Can someone give help me figure out how to get it back?

Dan

2. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

All you have to do is re-add the printer on the server like you would any other machine.

At the worse case, you'll have to go to the machines that use it and re-connect them to it, depending on how other machines access the printer.

At my job, all printers are installed on the PDC and shared. When connecting a PC to a printer, I browse to the server in network neighborhood and right-click the pirnter and select connect.

3. JPrice1485

JPrice1485 New Member

Go to one of the workstations and fine out what the share name is(was) for the printer. Make sure you use that name when you reinstall and you shouldn't have any problems.

4. shastaisforwinners

shastaisforwinners OT Supporter

go to printer

find IP address of printer (probably in the menu on the printer, or on a tag on the printer)

start -> control panel -> printers -> add printer -> local printer (don't search) -> create new port (standard tcp-ip port) -> next -> type in ip address of printer -> next -> close -> apply -> close