WOOOOT DONE UNI! Help me set some crazy goals for summer

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by GuOD, Apr 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GuOD

GuOD mcflurry diet

So excited to finally be done school :bowdown:

I now officially have 3 full months to do whatever I want :wiggle:

Top priority - get in shape and get strong. I don't know what my exact weight is... I'll find out in a day or two on my scale at home. Gym scale (which I think is broken) says 215. I'm guessing more like 205ish.

Gonna stick to the Bill Star Mad Cow Routine Mon/Wed/Friday. I'll might blade to the gym (about 25 minute rollerblade each way) on my "off" days and do some arms/abs/shrugs etc.

I'm gonna stick to a serious diet of ~2000 calories/day and have about 150g of protein... the rest will just be decent food. If I start to lose weight quickly I may up the calories a bit.

I just maxed at the gym with these maxes:

Squat 255x1 - I may have had a bit more in me.
    Bench 240x1 - this is my max for sure
    deadlift - 345x1 but I could easily get 365 (just been failing to go for 385 :o )

What's would be good #s to aim for by end of July? Think I could reach a 1k total?

Goal will be to put all my food intake+workouts in my log :)

I'm also gonna try to get some videos soon to post on OT... not that I'm impressive at all but at least I can be critiqued

:cool: :coold:

2. TZ

TZ Banned

Were you working out during school? how much do you weigh? :cool:

3. Drewski

Drewski New Member

where you lift?

4. GuOD

GuOD mcflurry diet

I live @ Hwy404/Hwy7 and I haven't found a gym nearby yet. I'll check them out this weekend or early next week. Seems like a goodlife will be my best bet.

I'm only going to join for summer because I start working down on Bay Street in Aug/Sept. and will be working ~60 hours+commute so I will try to look for a gym downtown I think. :x:

5. GuOD

GuOD mcflurry diet

yes... but I'm lazy and unmotivated :wtc: I didn't make much progress except adding fat

i weigh 205-215 now. i'll find out in a few days and get my log all setup fresh

6. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

wtf, you need to learn form in your squat

7. GuOD

GuOD mcflurry diet

i'm working on it. within the next 1-2 months my squat will fly past my bench and catch up to where it's supposed to be.

i never neglected legs when I did workout... just I sucked at squatting. since I started squatting 3x a week I feel way stronger.

8. Drewski

Drewski New Member

:eek3:

I work right there, just north of the KBBQ on Beaver Creek.I feel your pain. I work those kind hours and live out in Sauga, though I spend many nights at my g/f's in Scarberia

I go to the Hillcrest GL a fair bit and like it a lot. Couple of racks & benches, lots of DB's. There's also one at Steeles and Vic Park I think. It BLOWS! Tiny free weight area.

9. awdboost

awdboost New Member

You should really up your protein to 1g per 1 lb of bodyweight. So if you weigh 205 up you protein to 205g

10. GuOD

GuOD mcflurry diet

Oh wow! Where do you work? The Hillcrest one is on my list too. I live just south of KBBQ.

Does it have heavy dbs and squat racks??

Can you go to either Goodlife if you're a member?

11. Drewski

Drewski New Member

I work at a automation house a block or two north.

db's up to 110 or 120, can't remember. Has a squat rack and power rack. Have to wait sometimes, but usually one is available.

as a goodlife member you can go to any gym (that isn't women only doh!), which is very handy. I go to three GL's on a regular basis.

You might be able to get a free trial. Otherwise, if you want to try it out, its liek $10 if you go with a membe $15 without.

EDIT: free trial

http://www.goodlifefitness.com/free_trial.aspx

12. Duc-2

Duc-2 ... hip hop head ...

I go to Y.
    Mostly the one at Scar Town Centre, sometimes the one at Bayview and Sheppard and NEVER the one downtown. To much :greddy:
    The one at Bayview and Sheppard is the best, it has a huge free weight area and in general the gym is just huge. Cant go wrong for 30$ a month.

Set a crazy ass goal of getting cut AND building muscle by the END of the summer.

13. GuOD

GuOD mcflurry diet

Well just got back home last night and let me tell you guys... the gym is nothing compared to MOVING.

My back hurts so much I can't believe it. I had to move tons of shit and also about 800 lbs of my aquarium (rocks+water etc). Never been so exhausted. Gonna keep my diet in check but likely won't go to the gym for a few days.

I am definitely going to be cutting (cuz of calories) and I was trying to come up with a big 3 goal.

Do you guys think I could hit 1k total?

14. Drewski

Drewski New Member

what are your numbers now?

what's your weight/height now? pics would help too

its definitely possible to gain strength when cutting, but its a lot harder because your energy stores are depleted

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.