Woolite

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Renegade, Oct 7, 2003.

1. Renegade

Renegade New Member

Scott, with your mix you said woolite is good for leather, does it cause any long term effects. So basically you are saying I can use the woolite/water mix for my whole interior.....plastic/vinyl/leather.

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Yes, you can use it for everything, although an upholstry cleaner is a bit stronger and will clean carpets a bit better.

No long term effects. Woolite is very gentle and in fact, Lexus now includes in their owners manual mention of using a wool detergent and water to clean their leather.

3. Renegade

Renegade New Member

so do u recommend using ur mix for vinyl/plastic/leather for good conditioning and a nice smell.

4. Renegade

Renegade New Member

can i use this woolite to replace all the dressings and stuff, and can i use a toothbrush and a spray bottle to apply the woolite, scrub using the toothbrush and then wipe off with a cotton or microfiber towel?

5. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Everything sounds good there, except wiping it off. It tends to smear around, I just vacuum it out with a wet/dry vacuum.

6. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

I found the woolite mix to work better than some upholstry cleaner specifically for cars :dunno:

7. Renegade

Renegade New Member

so just to make it clear, the woolite is not only a cleaner, but also a conditioner, meaning dont go out and purchase any leather or vinyl protectant stuff from a car shop. What do you mean you vacuum it out, the leftover liquid, why not use a cotton towel? And I just wanted to make sure a normal toothbrush for like your teeth is soft enough to scrub on leather/plastic and vinyl?

So basically just make the mix, dump it into a spray bottle, shake the spray bottle around to mix up the woolite and water, spray the mix on the material, use a toothbrush to scrub it in, and use a cotton towel(or you said a vaccum, not sure why) to get off excess.

8. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

You vacuum out whereever you just scrubbed. Where do you think the dirt, stains, etc. go if you don't vacuum it out?

9. Renegade

Renegade New Member

I usually vaccum all out that out first, then just use a conditioner/protectant. Thats why my most important question is: is woolite a conditioner/protectant like the other products in the store. Can I stop using the other stuff, and only use this woolite mix to protect and soften my interior.

10. Scottwax

Woolite is a cleaner only. It will leave leather very soft though and you may not have to use anything else, but on vinyl, if you want more shine you will need a conditioner.

11. Renegade

Renegade New Member

I dont necessarily want the shine, but I want my dashboard to be protected from cracking. Does that mean I should use the woolite to clean the interior, but still use a vinyl protectant (i hate the shine)....I wish I could be protected all in one step with the woolite.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2003
  12. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

If you hate the shininess of Armor-All and other products like it, apply it to the dash (Armor-All Wipes work great), then wait a few minutes and wipe with a towel. Removes most of the shininess and greasyness, but still looks great.

13. Renegade

Renegade New Member

so for my purposes woolite is practically pointless, it doesnt protect or condition, just cleans. So i gotta stay with my leather care and vinyl dressing products to protect the interior.

14. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

Or try 303 Aerospace protectant that works great and it has a very dull shine.

15. Scottwax

Yes, but at some point you do need to clean your interior and not just dress it. You also should clean your carpets from time to time and Woolite does a pretty good job.