Woolite/Water Mixture for carpet cleaning

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Jackhole, Nov 16, 2002.

1. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

I'm not getting very good results with this. It's not really cleaning anything up, just leaving a soapy residue on whatever I use it on. What are the specific steps for using this, Scott?

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

How are you mixing it? I use a 6 parts water and 1 part Woolite ratio. I put it in a spray bottle and wet the surface that needs to be cleaned, let it sit about 30 seconds, then brush with a stiff plastic bristle brush, then wet vac, then wipe with a dry cloth then vacuum again.

Woolite/water will work on most light to moderate stains and even some pretty bad ones, but if you want a stronger, farbic/carpet specific cleaner, you can order a gallon of Magnum Upholstry cleaner through Barry at Wash-Solutions for about $9 or so. [email protected] A gallon should last you most of your life. Lasts me about 6 weeks or so. I mix it about 8-10 to 1 and also put it in a spray bottle and use the same way as Woolite/water. The degreasers are stronger, so if that is the type of stains you have, it will probably work better and faster.

What is good about Woolite/water is that it is readily available for most people and it works great on leather and if your interior isn't heavily stained, it also works great on that and keeps you from having to purchase a seperate product for upholstry and carpets.

3. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Sounds good. I wasn't vacuuming after using it. There was another product that I was used to using, that didn't require the vacuuming. I'm going to try it today!

4. anfrey

anfrey ɹǝƃuoɯǝɔɐǝd

what product may that be?

5. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Power Out! by Turtle Wax