Woolite Controversy

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Phishy4, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Phishy4

Phishy4 New Member

I ran across a little thread war over on Autopia about Woolite the other day (I think Scottwax knows the tread I'm speaking of). One guy over there is saying that its not good to clean upholstery/leather/carpet with Woolite. I believe his reasoning is that its too harsh, uses optical brighteners and can't rinse out completely. Any thoughts from you guys? I've had good luck myself.

2. spitfyre

spitfyre OT Supporter

I use it i love it I have had no problems with it. The big factor is that it is so cheap as compared to other products.

3. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

I know of it too.
    Not a war. We are right!

4. picus

picus New Member

I got into that one a bit too. I am not going to argue with Grouse; he clearly knows what he is talking about re: upholstery/fabric cleaning, however as Scott mentioned in the thread I have had no issue with woolite:water adversely effecting any of my clients carpets or upholstery, I also don't seem to have the "horrible suds" everyone else does.

Maybe I will try some of his recommended products; the high traffic stuff sounds good. I won't stop using woolite:water, though.

5. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

I saw that as well, nothing wrong with it. You have to take shit overthere with a big ass grain of salt, people get way to heated.

6. Phishy4

Phishy4 New Member

Yea, I haven't had any suds issues myself. It seems to work fine for me. I think as long as you try to rinse/extract well it would be fine.

7. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

As with any cleaner.

8. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Well, with the exception of that cunt-stain doged, seems the only time he ever posts is to bash me personally. Pretty amusing considering he is very vague on his detailing connnections and has no real credibility.

Grouse on the other hand seems to be very well informed but I will politely disagree with his assessment of using Woolite and water to clean. :)

9. Phishy4

Phishy4 New Member

I actually just caught a couple of that guy's posts over there, what a dick. I've lurked on Autopia for a long time and its always been a serious resource for me because of people like justin, picus and scott who share alot of info that I would have never found anywhere else. People that don't just get on and rag on other detailers. Does this guy shit talk you alot Scott? Even about exterior stuff?

10. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

Now I know why I stopped posting there. All they are are bandwagoners and shit talkers. They compliment no one and never offer help. So many of them think they invented this business. I wonder how many on there actually do more than 2 cars per month to feed their families?

11. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

:werd: Can't flame on autopia, but I want to tell that fucker to take a flying leap. All he ever does is put people down, I haven't seen any of his work or otherwise so he really needs to stfu and gtfo. People like him piss me off :rant2:

12. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

There are some good people on there, and it's a good resource, you just have to know how to weed through the bullshit ;)

13. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

I read the first couple pages of tht thread, and as soon as he started pushing "better" things to clean with, i hit the back button. Sorry, i dont have time to read advertisiments.

14. Scottwax

Pretty much every post he makes is to bash me in some way. Basically said I was an idiot for suggesting anyone use flyers, that I didn't know shit about marketing, etc...even though the next month in Professional Car Washing and Detailing ( www.carwash.com ) they had a marketing article that mentioned door hangers (flyers) and how to make them look professional. :mamoru:

What is really funny is I can back up my work and experience but doged cannot, nor has he made any attempt to prove at what level he is connected with professional detailing. I have no idea why he hasn't been banned yet. :dunno:

15. Paulie Walnuts

What is the user name of the said cunt stained dog?

After the first time I got kicked off there for whatever reason I came back and since then have just learned that if yo disagree with something there is no point in trying to fight it because someone is going to get pussy hurt no matter if you are right or wrong. Now with the "karma" ratings you dont stand a chance to go against the grain.

16. Paulie Walnuts

Has naked pictures of DavidB with another man on the receiving end? :x:

17. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

Holy hell!!!
    LMAO!!!

18. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

doged is his user name. As Scott said, I can't believe he hasn't been banned yet. As Scott said, he (and others) prove their work all the time, showing how good they are. I have yet to see anything from this cum stain doged :hsugh:

There is another member like him too, I won't mention his name, but he constantly puts people down, and really doesn't show anything... he's already gotten into huge trouble on other boards. Personally I just try to ignore their stupid ass comments.

19. Scottwax

doged

So different here. You and I couldn't disagree more politically but I wouldn't consider banning you since I don't take such disagreements personally...plus you contribute greatly to this forum. :)

I have found though, if you can politely disagree, it normally isn't a problem.

I guess you are aware the reason you got banned once, laying into Holly, is totally mute now since her and David broke up.

20. Scottwax

PM it to me.

21. Paulie Walnuts

Actually I have been banned 3 times lol. LMAO!!!

First was laying into Holly.
    Second was the poorboys and chemical guys debate
    Thrid was caught back in the forums after I let a person that I thought I could trust know I was back.

Now I have been back for over 18 months and have around 1,000 posts and have a ton of positive reputation points. I would never share the user name because a particular mod has it for me but I understand, hell I have been booted 3 times ahahah still makes me LOL.

But I learned the limits of the forum and now don't push them.

Back to topic, a little scared about the clear on this Vette. I do not, repeat do not feel comfortable with the rotary and a megs burg pad. Toughest I am willing to go is a yellow LC VC pad and power gloss.

Scott why is it again that you mix PG and RMG? I really dont want to buy the Menzerna cermic polish at $50 a bottle because Im not going to get use out of it.

22. Scottwax

Holly deserved it, IMO. She butted into a situation that had already died down. Steve says he has his own chemist, until I have a reason to not believe him, I give him the benefit of the doubt. My understanding is his chemist used to work for Chemical guys. Don't trust anyone on the internets. ;)

All the old mods had it in for me. ShowroomLincoln was the worst though. Funny thing was, they accused me of pimping out Clearkote stuff when they were posting in the mod forum about how to push a new product that the autopia store was adding. I believe you sent that whole thread to me, or maybe to ProNYdetailer who then sent it to me. Notice they are all gone and I am still there. :mamoru:

Overall, it is an excellent board and just a few members cause problems these days. Some of the Zaino stuff gets on my nerves, Z2 Pro is a good product but nothing special. I almost posted that in the "what products do you think are overrated" thread but I didn't want to start a war. Some of the Zaino guys butt into threads about other products to mention how awesome Zaino is...and I know for a fact most of them do testing for Sal. No problem with that but their posts read like a Zaino ad.

I've found the limits in the Hot Tub, believe me. Been warned a couple times about content. Imagine that! :naughty:

The yellow LC pad shouldn't leave any hazing with PG. Hell, even the burgandy Meguiars pad and Clearkote Compound didn't haze the blue C5 I did a few months ago. :eek3:

I mix RMG into 106FF (and some add it into FP) because it reduces dusting and adds noticable depth. Menzerna polishes leave an ultra clear shine but it looks a bit flat to me.

23. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

Wow.
    Never new a detailing forum could go sooo crazy!

24. Paulie Walnuts

Yeah there were some really bad MODs on there. RedCarGuy and Jngerbreadman are the ones that come to mind.

If I had money I would pay for a chemist to compare the CG and PBs products just for shits and giggles.

Cant blame Holly she has two things going against her, a vagina and she is from MN and you know how we are :fawk:

Yep I still have on CD every single post from the moderator forum from that incident. I sent it to Brian and he sent it to you. Was amazing to read some of the shit in there. I can only imagine what OTs is like, but OT is not doing unethical things like getting their MODs to promote their product by putting down others products. Dont forget, DavidB was the one that started the whole CG vs PBs battle. He sure seems a lot better now though since Holly left him.

25. Paulie Walnuts

Well I planned to use the PG just on the water etching so if I used that combo it would look like a zebra.

So you do not have any concerns with the cermic clear compound on non-CC clearcoats?

I would think that it would be overly aggressive.