woo hoo posting on the new system

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by MP, Aug 26, 2003.

1. MP

MP New Member

Well, it's more like an upgraded from my previous one, new mobo, new cpu.

Now running
    Abit IS7 mother board
    P4 2.4c cpu w/ 800mhz fsb
    ati radeon 9700 pro
    ram is in the mail (kingston hyper-x pc3700) so for now i'm just running 512mb kingston pc2100

:wiggle:

i was on a p4 2.26ghz 533fsb w/ the abit bd7-II mother board. Not a crazy upgrade but definitly noticable. Can't wait for the ram to come so i can bump her up to 2.8+

2. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

Kickass. Congrats.

Plans for the 2.26 setup? :x:

3. Leb_CRX

Leb_CRX OT's resident terrorist

I hate you because I am jelous
    I need to build me a mnew machine :(

4. DAN513

DAN513 OT Supporter

I'm running the same setup except on a gigabyte board. How much ram you putting in it? I'm only running a small overclock now till the fall when my appartment cools down enough, but I'm still @ 2.7.

5. MP

MP New Member

Datacomguy: the other system still kicks ass. I took out my 9700 pro of course but in return i put in a 9600 so it's still actually a pretty high end system. I might throw it in a small case and use it to take to friends houses for games? I could probably sell it for some high amount to an idiot here in the bay area? dunno, haven't thought about it.

Leb_crx: I was just talking to a friend about how spoiled we are with computers. He works at AMD, and i know lotsa friends that work for other computer hardware and software companies....I get the sweetest deals so it makes it easyer for me

Dan: 512mb kingston hyper-x pc3700. I'm contemplating bumping it to 1gb if i sell one of my other systems though. What fan/heatsink are you running? Stock voltage? 3ghz one just an upgraded fan is really easy to do nowadays with this cpu. Stable to.

6. DAN513

DAN513 OT Supporter

I'm running some startech hsf that I got at work. It's a copper base with some plain 60mm fan on it. Still at stock voltage too.

7. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

:cool: There was a problem with my order, but hopefully mine will still be here this week :x: