won't boot anymore

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by lolerskates, Apr 27, 2008.

1. lolerskates

lolerskates New Member

XP pro, one sata hard drive, am2 2.4, 2gb crucial memory, galaxy mobo, corsair 450w psu

anyways i always leave my pc on 24/7, i have been running this one since december with no big problems. this morning i go to wiggle the mouse and wake up the monitor and nothing happens. so i hold the power button and turn the power off, then i turn it back on to reboot. I get a solid tone from the internal speaker and no boot. I turned the switch to the psu off and waited for about 10 mins, then i turned it back on, it booted this time and gave me the option for safe mode or normal boot. so i tried normal boot, it started to boot like normal then gave me the error "cannot boot due to missing dll files" i powered it down then back up, this time i selected safe mode, it ran through a list of dll's then gave me the blue screen of death for a sec then went back to the cannot boot message.

i have 10gig partioned on my hdd, should i try installing another version of xp on that and see if it will run? or should i try to repair the current installation with the xp disc?

anyone have any thoughts