Wondering about fixing the resolution problem on my site.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Little Spunky $#!T, Feb 17, 2003.

1. Little Spunky $#!T

Little Spunky $#!T :cool:

On my dads site, I built it in 1024x768, and it looks good with either that, or higher. But when you view it at like 800x600 things get out of lined, and they don't look like they are suppose too. Is there some kind of code that allows it to always be aligned correctly? Or is that kinda like the text deal?

2. Astro

Astro Code Monkey

Can we get a link?

Without looking at the site, I would say this is probably just poor design. When designing a web site, you want to check for resolution compatability before you get too involved with a particular design. How will the site look at 640x480 and then see how it looks at 800x600. Ideally, you should at least have your nav items present "before the fold" and then your most important items visible on the site.

Depending on the severity, it may require a site redesign or a matter of shuffling items around so it all fits.

3. Little Spunky $#!T

Here is the link:
    www.railegelbvieh.com

Go ahead and view it at 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768

There isn't a huge difference, but didn't know if there was a simple way to fix it.

4. Jericho

Jericho Active Member

hmm there really isn't a reason for a site with that design to be designed at a high resolution, that logo on the top is bigger than it needs to be so try scaling them down a little. You can also try using percentages instead of pixles when specifying table heights and width to make sure that a width of 60% is always proportional to the resolution size. In the future you should design pages at an 800x600 resolution cause that's the resolution that the majority of people on the net are running, I wouldn't really catter to such a low resolution as 640x480 cause it's a small minority.

5. Little Spunky $#!T

Thanks.

I think I will go back and edit it a little at 800x600 and than it will look good at 1024x768.