COMIC Wondercon '09

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by CabbieNamedAxel, Jan 8, 2009.

1. CabbieNamedAxel

CabbieNamedAxel OTCC|SF OT Supporter

So who's going?

2. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

Me. If it kills me. I'm going.

3. DoctorDoom

DoctorDoom Doom always keeps his word. OT Supporter

I'm thinking about it. I'm debating whether I should try to get a hotel, or tough out a very long trip and just go one day.

4. CabbieNamedAxel

If I were you, i'd try and get a hotel semi far away but next to bart. Bart is close as hell walking and you won't get fucked on prices if you find something outside the city (but you'd have to pay like $4 bart ticket). if I had my own place, I'd invite you nig nogs to stay here but I still mooch.

5. Mr Coffee

Mr Coffee New Member

I'm probably going to the New York Comic Con (alone :hs:). First time comic-con and new york trip. Yay!

6. sploosh

sploosh OT Supporter

I'll probably be at Wondercon.

7. Omegaboy

Omegaboy Scuzzy Psychout Merchant OT Supporter

whos going to pay for my flight from Australia?
    i'll buy you guys a beer, and i'll bring cork hats and kagaroos for all!

8. pojoWRX

pojoWRX comics, indie hip-hop, home theater, Subie and dad

you know Ill be there

9. pojoWRX

It's confirmed! I'll be there Friday and Saturday. Driving teh Subie up! We should caravan it Subaru style Sirc!

10. CabbieNamedAxel

Got my tickets for all three days. Sucks though, I just found out I'm gonna lose my job so I'm job hunting, hope I can afford something there.

11. sploosh

sploosh OT Supporter

that sucks, bro

12. DoctorDoom

DoctorDoom Doom always keeps his word. OT Supporter

Has anyone heard/read that if you have your San Diego Comic-Con badge from the past summer that you can use that to get into Wondercon for free? I think I read that in a brochure for it, but I can't find it now.

13. pojoWRX

Got my tickets

14. CabbieNamedAxel

So like, I was there all day, yelled at some 4chan fgts, and saw no OTCC. WHERE ARE YOU GUYS?! Also, pics incoming.

15. CabbieNamedAxel

All of these are on photobucket so shouldn't be too much to load.

[​IMG]
    Art Adams and some other editor fag who just talked about the ultimate shit. They announced Ultimate Avengers, a new Ultimates, and some shit that Art was doing with Loeb. He's Marvel exclusive now, I guess.

[​IMG]
    Some Leinil Yu art from Ultimate Hulk vs Wolverine. Said that Leinil is working on issue 5, 3 and 4 are done, 3 is due march, 4-5 april, 6 in may.

[​IMG]
    More from Leinil. Sorry about the angle, I was infront of the panel, not the screen.

[​IMG]
    Some Ultimatum spoilz? Haven't been following, but yea.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    New USM look. Guy kept hinting that peter was gonna kick the bucket, and he wouldn't say who was under that costume.

[​IMG]

Random chicks Art Adams was drawing to showcase for Loeb.

Ill have some more panel info tomorrow night. Here's some of my goodies so far.

[​IMG]
    Commission by Darick Robertson. Dude is such an awesome guy. I was asking him how much for a commish, and he said "how much you want to spend?"
    "Uh, $40 on Spider Jerusalem?"
    "Ok, $40 I can do a nice head sketch"

Took him like 45 min cause he kept talking and took his time, since no one was in line after me. I fucking love it, and after I saw it I was like OK I WANT MORE and commisioned a $100 hulk. We'll see how that comes out tomorrow.

[​IMG]
    2nd part of my Giarusso collection. Gonna see if I can get a Beta Ray Bill tomorrow. He asked for some materials though, cause he couldn't do it off the top of his head.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  16. CabbieNamedAxel

Got some other stuff, Farscape #1 Wondercon exclusive, a TMNT wondercon exclusive by Erik Arragea, Chiana and Capt. Braca's autograph/pic, and Richard Kiel's autograph for my dad, along with this beauty.

[​IMG]

Fuckin' Jaws...

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  17. Crunks

Crunks Active Member

Chris G Thor :bowdown:

I was thinking I wanted a Thor from him this year at Emerald City Comicon...

but now you have one :o

18. Crunks

Crunks Active Member

He's still alive? :o :bowdown: though.

19. Crunks

Crunks Active Member

Get any cool free swag?

20. CabbieNamedAxel

Not too much, I swiped a bunch of shit off the DC table, but usual fare. Posters alluding to new and shiny things, pins and bookmarks. Got a couple free comics, including one that was written and DRAWN by Whedon. Some Browncoats booth had it, was there generic prize for spinning a wheel. X-files previews comic, a poster teasing a Starcraft comic, and not much else. Sat is the big day though. Shit is about to get nigga crazy. NIGGA CRAZY.

21. Crunks

Crunks Active Member

Pics of the Whedon comic? :eek3:
    StarCraft: Ghost comic? :x:

What panels are tomorrow?

22. CabbieNamedAxel

They had a free screening of Watchmen last night, but the line for a chance for a ticket was so huge I didn't even bother.

11:30-12:30 Warner Bros.: Watchmen Warner Bros. and WonderCon present a panel devoted to the most eagerly awaited movie of 2009: Watchmen! Visionary director Zack Snyder brings the classic graphic novel by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons to vivid life on the big screen, opening March 6. Join Zack Snyder and members of the film's cast LIVE on the WonderCon big stage for this exclusive panel presentation! Esplanade Ballroom

12:00-1:00 Dark Horse— Director of publicity Jeremy Atkins and editor Shawna Gore (Creepy, Emily the Strange, Criminal Macabre), along with a cast of top creators, present an exclusive preview of all that Dark Horse has to offer in the coming year. With breaking news on all of your favorite Dark Horse titles, including early insight into the relaunch of the legendary Creepy anthology, be the first to know about everything from heroes to horror Room 104

12:30-1:00 Summit Entertainment — Summit Entertainment brings exclusive footage from its exciting 2009 lineup:
    • Astro Boy—A thrilling tale of a true hero, Astro Boy is an all-new feature film full of action, adventure, humor and heart. Based on the beloved manga, Astro Boy will be brought to life on the big screen in breathtaking CGI animation.
    Knowing—From visionary director Alex Proyas (I, Robot; Dark City) comes a gripping action-thriller of global proportions, about a professor (Nicolas Cage) who stumbles onto terrifying predictions about the future—and sets out to prevent them from coming true. Esplanade Ballroom

1:30-3:00 DC Universe— The repercussions of Final Crisis are here—and with the future overshadowed by Black Lanterns, could the days of the DC Universe be numbered? Your guides to this brave new reality include VP for sales Bob Wayne, senior story editor Ian Sattler, and some of the industry's best and brightest stars! Room 103

2:00-2:45 Paramount Pictures and Spyglass Entertainment: Star Trek A vision by J. J. Abrams, featuring a young, new crew venturing boldly where no one has gone before. The film stars John Cho, Ben Cross, Bruce Greenwood, Simon Pegg, Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Winona Ryder, Zoë Saldana, Karl Urban, and Anton Yelchin, with Eric Bana and Leonard Nimoy. Be among the first to see exclusive sneak peek footage from this exciting adventure before its May 8 release. Plus a special guest you won't want to miss, appearing live on the WonderCon stage. Esplanade Ballroom

3:00-4:00 Celebrating 75 Issues of The Darkness Top Cow publisher Filip Sablik and Michael Broussard (The Darkness) take a look back at 75 issues of The Darkness and look forward to the series' future. Plus get information about next month's 125th issue of Witchblade, which kicks of "War of the Witchblades," and information about Top Cow's 2009 initiatives such as "$2.99 in 2009" and "Let Us Win YOU Over" in this one-on-one interview and Q&A session! Room 104

3:30-4:30 Disney•Pixar: UP From Disney•Pixar comes UP, a comedy adventure about 78-year-old balloon salesman Carl Fredricksen, who finally fulfills his lifelong dream of a great adventure when he ties thousands of balloons to his house and flies away to the wilds of South America. But he discovers all too late that his biggest nightmare has stowed away on the trip: an overly optimistic 9-year-old Wilderness Explorer named Russell. From the Academy Award-nominated director Pete Docter (Monsters, Inc.), Disney•Pixar's UP invites you on a hilarious journey into a lost world, with the least likely duo on Earth. Join director Pete Docter as he presents a look at UP, which opens on May 29 and will be available in select theaters in Disney Digital 3D. Esplanade Ballroom

4:30-5:30 Warner Bros: Terminator Salvation It's a brand-new start for one of the most explosive movie franchises ever! Terminator Salvation introduces the adult John Connor (played by Christian Bale) in the future, fighting to save humanity from Skynet and the machines. In theaters on May 22, here's a special WonderCon panel with director McG and cast members LIVE on the big stage! Esplanade Ballroom

5:00-6:00 Spotlight on Ed Brubaker WonderCon special guest Ed Brubaker (Incognito) brings his own special guest, actress Zoë Bell (Death Proof), with a sneak peek of the first episode from their highly anticipated, action-packed, online series Angel of Death for Crackle.com. Q&A session to follow. Room 103

6:00-7:00 100 Bullets Brian Azzarello and Eduardo Risso's groundbreaking Vertigo series 100 Bullets has come to an end with its 100th issue. Join co-creator Brian Azzarello, cover artist Dave Johnson, John Cunningham (VP-marketing) and Bob Wayne (VP-Sales) as they look back at the Eisner Award-winning series. Room 103

6:00-7:00 Nintendo— Nintendo of America localization producers Tim O'Leary and Rich Amtower have roughly two decades of localization experience between them, and both have been long-time members of Nintendo of America's team, working on such franchises as Fire Emblem, Advance Wars, Golden Sun, Animal Crossing, Super Smash Bros. Hotel Dusk, and many more. Join Tim and Rich for a Q&A session regarding the localization of the Fire Emblem series for the North American market as well as a live demonstration of Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon for Nintendo DS, the fifth title in the series to be released in North America. Room 104

8:30-11:30 The Fifth Annual WonderCon Masquerade The Masquerade, WonderCon's flashy and fun on-stage competition, features amazing costumes re-created from movies, TV, comic-books, video games, and anime, plus original designs inspired by fantasy, science-fiction, and more. Trophies and other prizes will be awarded to the most outstanding entries. The Master of Ceremonies is artist-writer Phil Foglio. No flash photography is allowed, and doors will open for audience seating beginning at 8:00. Special advance movie previews will be shown during the judging intermission. Click here for more details. Esplanade Ballroom

And that's just what I want to see. Tomorrow is going to be very busy.

http://www.comic-con.org/wc/wc09_prog_sat.php for all of saturday.

23. Crunks

Crunks Active Member

Damn, some good panels to go to. :coold:

24. Mr Coffee

Mr Coffee New Member

Fuck, that's just awesome shit right there :bowdown:
    Fuck being broke :wtc:

25. CabbieNamedAxel

Anyone else who is coming, if you want, my number is 415-812-4048. OTCC MEET UP GO GO