WOMEN: would any of you absolutely flat out REFUSE marriage if a prenup was required?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Falconer, Nov 30, 2009.

?

?

1. I'm a woman: I don't care about a prenup

16 vote(s)
    9.0%
  2. I'm a woman: I absolutely would refuse marriage if I was asked to sign a prenup

7 vote(s)
    4.0%
  3. I'm a woman, I wouldn't even consider getting married without EACH person having a prenup

9 vote(s)
    5.1%
  4. I'm a guy wanting to see teh answerz

145 vote(s)
    81.9%
  1. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Anonymous poll so you can keep your gold-digging tendencies a secret if you want.

Or you can reply and share your opinion.

The Question: Would you flat out refuse to marry a guy if he required you to sign a prenup with the condition that in the event of a divorce you get nothing that wasn't yours to begin with or that you didn't earn?

So in other words, any money YOU make and don't spend is still yours.

This is a GENERAL discussion. No talk of cooking the books by saying "oh, well I bought this stuff, but it was his money, lol I saved all mine so I get the majority of the bank account."

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

No way.

I completely understand when some people want a pre-nup signed. SO and I aren't, but if he sprung one on me now I'd sign it with no qualms :dunno:

3. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

in for shit storm

im a chick, and i wouldnt get a prenup. doesnt mean i feel that women should take whatever they want and fuck over the guy

i agree that whatever you take into a marriage should be yours to take out at the end of it. and whatever is earned together in the marriage should be split evenly . i watched my parents maturely do it, so i feel it is possible. and i feel that signing the prenup would be me being unsure that the marriage would last, and if i was unsure, then i wouldnt be getting married. im in it for life, so no prenup needed

(in for guys screaming at what a gold digging whore i am)

4. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

I will refuse to marry without an alimony waiver prenup, along with the usual whats mine stays mine thing. The concept of alimony makes me seethe with rage. I understand that the original intent was to help those who stayed home and ran the household, but the idea of supporting a housewife also makes me pretty mad, so I will never be in that situation.

Honestly, i don't see why people don't go for joint custody in the prenup since we all know men get fucking raped in family court.

5. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

if the marraige is forever, then whats the big deal? get a standard prenup, sign it and forget it ever exists.

6. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

I'd like to have one and if either of us actually had anything worth staking claim to then I'd be pretty insistent on one but to say that I "wouldn't even consider getting married without a prenup" doesn't ring true for me.

I don't know what to vote for Falc. Your absolutes are fucking me up.

7. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

but if the marriage is forever, why would i even need to bother signing one?

i see your point, and i think in some situations it can be the right choice. for me, its just not

8. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

More people get divorced the have their house catch fire, but sensible people still have fire insurance. Its just sensible covering your ass. How many seconds of your life does it take to go over a standard form, sign on the line and file it away? How much misery of a bitterly contested divorce could it save?

The thing of it is that getting divorced is very often a non rational highly emotional thing. Sure some marraiges go out with a whimper, but more with a bang. why not agree on how to end things while you still love each other then fight about it when you hate each other?

9. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I would however like to add that I don't think I could marry a man who was obsessed with the idea that a pre-nup had to be signed.

10. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

its a weird thing to call an "obsession". Its just the smart play.

This is one of those weird things where women want you to make the dumb play just so they feel special. I get it, but still.

11. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

i dont like how every girl says they wouldnt screw anyone over but still dont want to sign it if it was wanted by their partner....IF YOU ARENT GOING TO SCREW THEM THEN WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE? seriously

12. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

i would actually imagine someone who was insistent on a prenup would not be someone i ended up getting in a serious relationship with. my husband and i agreed we didnt want one, for reasons i stated above. we both felt that way. if we felt opposite, then i would imagine there would be other compatibility issues between us and we never would have gotten far enough in the relationship to get married.

13. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

there is a difference between smart play and obsession. i know a guy who is obsessed with it because he is convinced his wife will fuck him over because she is a female.

14. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

nope I would not do it.. and not because I would feel entitled to his stuff.

15. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

I think you have to admit that amicable divorces really are the exception rather then the norm. If you still loved each other, you likely aren't getting divorced. Chances are far better there is a lot of anger and hurt involved.

16. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

all women are whores and shit happens. I'm getting a prenup.

17. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

you are right, divorces are dirty. but he feels that she will fuck him over in the marriage, requiring divorce, not just while the divorce is happening (although im sure that is part of it as well). i dont understand why you would marry someone you feel will fuck you over. i dont even know why you would date someone you felt would fuck you over.

18. CorpseStreet

CorpseStreet New Member

I think prenups are a good idea for all couples. No one ever expects to have a divorce yet more than half of marriages fail. I probably would want to get a prenup if I ever get married but if a man said he would absolutely not marry me if I didn't sign a prenup it would probably piss me off. I'm not a huge fan of ultimatums.

19. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

You just keep on saying a prenup is about someone getting fucked over... I don't know why you are vilifying it so much. Your realize you can both put things that are important to you in the prenup. Why not both agree on the rules before you play the game?

20. Deborah

Deborah Seeing is believing, but I don't want to know.

Why wouldn't you sign a prenup tho? I mean I think the poor guy has the right to not marry you if you refuse to do it:dunno:

oh and I would absolutely do it. Wanting to get the money I didn't earn is stealing, However there can be a few exceptions. For example if you have children, the guy is a douchbag and doesn't pay shit for them and doesn't care. Some people deserve to get fucked over. But I assume I would not marry a guy like that, so...

Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
  21. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

Would any of you ladies who are against "must have" prenups be against a prenup that simply said "any children will be in joint custody in the event of the divorce, unless one spouse is into drugs, domestic violence, or sexual abuse."

22. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

physical or legal?

23. JoJoBee

JoJoBee Hanging out with my chicks! OT Supporter

I wouldn't refuse to wed if the other party asked for a prenup.

I have been divorced and through a baaaaad break up that was like a divorce and got fucked and ended up with nothing both times... I do not want that to happen again because I do put money into things as well and ended up taking nothing from it, which fucking sucks imo.

24. CorpseStreet

CorpseStreet New Member

I said that I would sign a prenup and I also said that if he said that he would absolutely not marry me without one I would be pissed off. I'd be pissed off because I would feel like I'm being given an ultimatum and that just doesn't sit right with me. I never said I would not sign one.

25. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

either, set up however you want BUT you have to spell it out in the prenup, so if its too unfair to put in ink in front of someone you love you cant have it, and they have to agree to it.

Fair enough?