WOMEN: Which Birth-Control Pill will INCREASE SEX DRIVE?!?!

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by jay7430, Jun 1, 2006.

1. jay7430

jay7430 it's just business

My gf (if u can still call it that) has no sex drive, she is on the pill. I have no idea which one she is on.

She has no sex drive!!! help!!!

Will change the brand of Birthcontrol help?!?! any insight would be appreciated..........i need to get fucking laid!!!

2. Jinx

Jinx Active Member

I never really noticed much of a general difference between when I wasn't on birth control and when I was.. However, I did notice that it made me hornier right when I would start my period and right when I was done. :dunno: I'm on Yasmin, which is a low dose of hormones.. It's expensive, though.

3. Eris

Eris Yes please

As far as I know none of them increase the sex drive. I've been on 3 different kinds and all decreased, which I didn't notice until I was off of it for a few months .. then it was like whoa! :eek3:

(PS: Yasmin = teh devil for me ... was the most awful experience ever!!!!!! But a lot of women use it and have no issues :dunno:)

4. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Wellbutrin XL has given my fiance a libido kick that is out of this world, but it's an anti-depressant. The increased libido is a documented "side effect" but I am not complaining. :naughty:

5. Sionell89

Sionell89 I grew up when I wasn't looking

Sorry sweets. If you want her sex drive back, better go back to condoms or an IUD. ALL hormonal BC will reduce sex drive in most cases. With some people, it happens all at once, with some its over time.

6. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Every single one my wife has been on has increased her sex drive...

still switiching to an IUD soon though :)

7. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Wellbutrin did that to me also.

Same here. Most of them list a decreased sex drive as a side effect. If SHE is concerned with it she needs to see her doctor. She could also look into a non-hormonal type of birth control such as the IUD or condoms.

8. Eris

Eris Yes please

Agreed! I didn't really notice it was a proble, even decreased mine was really high.

Only reason why I noticed was because I became insatiable! :mamoru:

9. IreLynx

IreLynx New Member

Different pills work differently on different girls. One pill could make one person have an increased libido, while a different girl may find it decreases hers, and yet a third girl could experience no difference on that pill. No one pill is going to do the same thing to every girl, and when there is a certain side effect that occurs in the majority of users, they list it as a side effect; such as with anti-depressants decreasing the libido of the majority (not everyone, but a very large chunk) of people who take them.

Not to mention that this is something the OP's worried about. If the gf is fine with how it works for her, then there's no reason for her to switch. Maybe the pill didn't change her sex drive at all, as it's just as possible that her natural sex drive isn't very high.

10. kristaliah

kristaliah New Member

I've always noticed a HUGE difference in my sex drive regardless of what type of pill that I'm on. Different girls react differently to different hormones but if she's comfortable on the pill she's on then dont push it. Granted, sex is part of a healthy relationship, but sex isn't as big for girls as it is for guys. Women tend to value different things in terms of intimacy.

Talk to her about it and suggest switching to condoms or IUD or even try romancing her like how you did when you two just started dating. Make sex feel like something special, instead of just you getting your dick wet.

11. GND

GND BBP! OT Supporter

Ask your doctors. The pill is different for everyone.

12. jay7430

jay7430 it's just business

what is "IUD"

is wellbutrin XL an anti-depressant or Birthcontrol?

i've noticed that she reallly is never in the mood much since she has been on the pill :wtc:

i dont want to seem like a horndog and ask for it all the time, even though sex is not the most important thing in the relationship, its part of it and being intimate is important to me, i've talked to her about it, but she already bought like 3 months worth of the pills. i guess i have to wait for her to use it up and suggest she change to "wellbutrin xl" (if its a BC)

13. andymodem

andymodem Ambitious, but rubbish.

14. Biggity

Biggity Only the dead have seen the end of war

15. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Umm... it is already stated clearly in this thread that wellbutrin is NOT birth control, it is an antidepressant.
    If the pill is working for her (trust me, it's hard to find something that works well with your body) why make her change? Why not attempt to find other ways to put her into the mood? Put a little effort into it and chances are you will be "rewarded" ;)

16. The Acclude

The Acclude Makin' love is cool, but sometimes she needs her h

17. Sancho

Sancho New Member

Gf on seasonale...sex drive is the same on her and she did not gain weight. The best part is she only gets 4 periods a yr!!!:naughty:

18. 1.8t

1.8t Member

Ugh :ugh:. My g/f would have none of that statement

19. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

Boy do I feel sorry for you. Oh, and speak for yourself.

20. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

To the original poster, do you want birth control advice, or advice on increasing your wife's sex drive?

21. BrokenHalo

BrokenHalo New Member

if anyone finds it, let me know :x:

22. lauren

lauren Active Member

werd :mad:

23. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

my wife was on alleese for a while back in the day and she had a crazy sex drive on that, and then she went on another (forget the name) and it increased her sex drive even more...then she switched to Ortho tricyclene or whatever, and that shit killed any thougth she ever had of sex.

Then she got an IUD, now she is back to always horny, never bitchy (no PMS) and always protected.

24. ///M Pilot

///M Pilot New Member

Same shit here...g/f on Yasmin, through the FLOOR.

25. The Secretary

The Secretary My domestic skills will rock your socks off!

I stopped taking mine, and I have to admit I havent been this horny since I have been on the pill. But monthly periods ftl