Women...what do they want? (Discussion)

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Sexican, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Sexican

Sexican New Member

So, me and my friend were having a conversation...and out of nowhere he said this:

"Women don't care about anything else but money. Remember I said this because it's true"

Now, I've heard this from many people so it didn't really phase me until he said it, especially the way he said it...because my friend, despite that being a bias comment, is a very intelligent person and when he says it in the way, it usually is true.

I'm just curious, more or less hoping that some of you females answer...how important is money to you in a relationship. Obviously, you want a boyfriend that is stable and can pay his own way n the relationship, but is it important that the guy pays for your way too?

Discuss, please =)

2. lauren

lauren Active Member

how they handle heir moneyi s more imposrtant than how much money they have.

but then again, im pretty stable financialy, and can absorbe some bad money issues.

3. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

Depends on what they're used to and what their ambitions are. If they want to travel the world, it's going to be a lot tougher with just one income. The same is true if they desire a house.

4. page

page New Member

:werd: Money itself isn't important, but if he blows it on stupid shit I'm not gonna be too happy about it. ie: buying stuff he isn't going to use. This does not include car stuff :hs:

I don't expect my boyfriend to pay for me to do things, but it is nice when he does and I do make sure he knows I appreciate it.

5. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

Here is my experience with women and money.

If they or their family has it, in most cases they will expect you to have it.

If they grew up in a "paycheck-to-paycheck" family, they won't care if you don't have much money.

Personally, I will never be financially tied to a woman ever again. Its my money, and I will spend it however I feel like and I don't want to hear a word about it.

I was at my friend's house one time and he and his wife were having a discussion about having their phone and internet disconnected to save money, then like 10 minutes later she is showing me some $500 coffee table she wanted to buy :wtf:

6. purplebeast

purplebeast The depths of hell and endless torture await all h

I dont necessarely think they are only after money. But if they meet two guys all else being equal, the one with money will get the girl. Not because its their main quality. but because its nice added bonus.

7. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

and as far as "what women want," who knows?

I do know that its seldom what they say they want...

8. RockChick

RockChick New Member

i dont care about money... money != happiness!!!!! and that one is so fucking true... i've seen it in my own family. money is a nice thing to have but if i would have to choose between money and being happy... i go for happy.

9. Ninjarider

Ninjarider New Member

I think it's all about finding someone with similar goals let it be financially or not. I do ok, I'm not rich but I don't live paycheck to paycheck. If I were on the dating market again, I wouldn't seriously date a woman without financial stability or one who spends everything she makes. I want a woman with a decent income that can afford what she wants and who doesn't expect me to buy or pay for everything. It's good grounds to start a relationship on.

10. purplebeast

They say that money is not happiness, but godamn does it help!
    And also that;
    Loves goes out the window when poverty comes thru the door.

11. RockChick

RockChick New Member

well, if that last saying was true, I wouldnt be with my SO anymore.

12. purplebeast

How long u been with him and how "poor" are you. Poor is not not being able to vacation 3 weeks per yr.

Poor is having a car repo, or getting kicked out of ur apt for not paying rent. U ever came home and phone the utilities shut off. Or realized that unless u could not afford to the Dr and would not go unless it u were seriously ill. Have you stopped answering the phones because the debt collectors wont back off?

13. RockChick

RockChick New Member

I am not the poor one tho, my account is filled up with enough money while my SO's account looks more like $0,00.00. we are together for like a year now. he is living at a friends trailer with access to the kitchen and bathroom in the house. he got his little truck not by paying for it but working for it. the last time he lived in his own apatment was a year ago (I already knew him then but we were only friends), he sold his car to pay off his debt etc blabla.
    I paid for certain things, so he can get back up on his feet... i posted that in that "sick of paying for everything" thread. he wouldnt have a licence without me and would have never got that amazing job he has now. I'm proud of him :)

I love him for what he is, how he treats me etc... he's a good person... he just can't save money unless someone is shitkicking him... and thats me now :big grin:

14. purplebeast

Oh I see. I guess I should have been more claer. I was refering more to finacial issues that affetc both people. Kind of like when ur married.

15. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

I thought you were pretty clear. :dunno:

16. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

:rofl: funny, before I clicked on this thread my first though...MONEY!

17. RockChick

RockChick New Member

well, if we were married I'd be the one responsible for the finances... like if we had one account where we both put our money into. he made that very clear at the beginning of our relationship. so he kinda would come to me and get the money he needs from me, so we do not lose our overview... that's how he would want it *shrug*... so all in all we wouldnt be very poor...

I dunno if that is what you mean... *scratches head*

18. purplebeast

No, I didnt mean that you in particualr where gonna have issues. If you can maintain the finaces, thats great. I was simply stating that when couples loose control of their finances more often that not it creates problems bewteen them that are often irreparable.

19. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

Women want the highest VALUE / STATUS male they can find. Obviously different women value different things: money, social status, entertainment, great sex, insightfulness, protection, leadership.

If you can figure out what the woman of your dreams considers value, you can make yourself more valuable to her by making the necessary improvements.

20. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Everyone wants money. Come on. As my dad always said:

Personally, I think *girls* want money and *women* want a provider, a man, a gentleman.

21. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

The girls I've met are looking for guys who they are
    a) physically attracted to (build, physique, and face)
    b) personally attracted to (confidence, humor, intelligence, personality)
    Any statement to the contrary is a cop-out, imho.

On the other hand, some girls stay away from the guys they are really attracted to because they are intimidated. Naturally they land themselves bf's they aren't really into at the time.

22. orie

orie social assassin

absolute truth right here.

23. lauren

lauren Active Member

it also helps tear people apart. :wtc:

24. purplebeast

Thats in extreme cases. A portion of my inmidate family is wealthy. Only one of the families live in chaos (fighting for bigger portions of the business, presurring mom and dad to change their living will, etc). The rest seem happy as can be.

25. quid

quid I Piss Excellence OT Supporter

this is what i think.... being a guy that came from a family where my mom has not worked since i was born, my family expects that i should be able to do the same when the time comes...... BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. this means that the woman should feel luckey as shit that she doesnt HAVE to work. if she wants or needs extra money to do crazy shit then she can make money too, but if i have to hear shit about how i spend MY money thats the end of it...