Women of OT, please explain your reasoning...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by sparq, Jul 14, 2006.

1. sparq

sparq New Member

Women of OT, please explain your reasoning or maybe help me understand why you do the things you do when it comes to relationships.

Say this was you...

You move 500 miles away from home, the only people you know there are your just married cousin and her husband, aunt and uncle, and a small handfull of other not-so-close family. You are going to school, immediately after being there you get into a relationship with "this great guy" ... moves in with him... right from the start things are bad, you think hes seeing other girls... he says things to try and make you think otherwise but it doesnt work... blah blah blah - youve been with him two months, family is important to you - its thanksgiving, so logically, you both do your own thing. He goes with his family you go home to yours. Fast forward to xmas, its been 3 months now... logical thing to do? go your seperate ways again... he goes with his family, you go home to yours.

months go by, things still aint great. You both want different things - you want family, he hates kids... you want to travel, he wants nothing to do with any place you want to go - and so forth. Again you suspect him of cheating, its confirmed, you leave him. Move out to your aunt and uncles house. The whole time talking about how you cant believe he did it, how he and the girl (who was pretending to be your friend... while really shes around so she can get with your man) betrayed you and blah blah blah, your family comes in a few days /week after all of this (planned trip) and is there for a week - so the logical thing to do after you know its not right, and you know hes cheated, and after you admit to yourself you keep giving him the chances to mess up and keep going back blah blah blah....

... is what?

LEAVE right? Nope, get back together with him :o

Please explain to me :hs:

2. operationrob

operationrob OT Supporter

:hsugh: :uh: never try to use logic with women.

3. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

It's called drama/challenge. It's the excitement that makes it fun. Logic has nothing to do with it, it's the wild roller coaster of emotions that make things work for her.

Stay far, far away from women like that.

4. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

and/or the same reasons people stay in abusive relationships, even when they know it is an abusive relationship.

Besides, everybody knows that logical reasoning and intense emotion are incompatible. They seriously cannot exist at the same time. And I'm sure there are guys out in the world who have done the same thing, so I doubt it's confined to women only.

But, as others have said, stay away from people who know they are making bad decisions, yet keep doing it anyways.

5. :smile:

:smile: New Member

i'd be gone after the first real thought that he did something.

6. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

What's a "real thought"? You suspect someone and leave them without anything being confirmed?

I'm all for leaving someone if they cheat on you, but just thinking someone cheated on you seems a little weak to leave someone over. If you were a paranoid person you'd never stay in a relationship longer than a week..?

7. ptlb

ptlb New Member

:werd:

8. orie

orie social assassin

:hsugh:

9. RougeOgre

RougeOgre FS Librarian and MOD

A lot of the "logic" (dump his ass) just comes from getting older and knowing what you want and deserve!

10. nish81

nish81 OT Supporter

exactly! :werd:

11. Soren

Soren OT Supporter

women are emotional creatures tha don't follow logical thought.

12. Bella

Bella New Member

She' insecure bottom line. Doesn't believe in herself enough to try it alone, she's prolly one of those girls that will get the crap beat out of her and come back saying "oh he'll change, or it was an accident"

13. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

This is true, but mostly only true with regards to a relationship. I don't want a bunch of morans running around saying women are incapable of logical thought.

14. Bella

Bella New Member

I agree not all women are like this!!! I sure as hell am not one of those chicks without logic. THere are just some that get so broke that they can't seem to "fix" themselves

15. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

No, I mean you can't get into a logical conversation with a woman about your relationship, but she might be able to help you with your math homework.

16. Bella

Bella New Member

OH i see well..... I dunno about that I have plenty of guy friends that come up and ask advice about why their girlfriend is acting a certain way, or says certain things if they don't understand. SO I look on the outside of their relationship and try to explain what she means from the outside point of view. TO say that me as a woman, can only help you with your math homework than relationship advice is small minded on anyones part. You just need the right person to talk to about stuff like that. Because I know plenty of men that have no idea what the hell they are talking about when it comes to their relationships either. All based on maturity