Women, need your opinion on prenups

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Zee916, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Zee916

Zee916 Engineering the world.......

So me and some friends got to talking the other night, guys and girls, while we were in the hot tub.

I'm not sure how the conversation started originally but it got pretty heated with a few of the girls.

My situation is that I am going to inherit quite a bit. Me and my ex were pretty serious, on the verge of marriage, and I talked it over with my dad. He basically said that what is best is to separate assets before the marriage and after.

Basically, everything each person has before or inherits is there's and is off limits in case of separation. However, everything that is gained during the marriage would be split.

To me, this seems completely realistic and fair. Some of the girls did not agree at all.

Just wanted to get some opinions. I'm not getting married anytime soon but I will have to walk this line when that time does come.

Would this be a deal breaker if you were asked to sign something like this, and if so why?

2. Nullius

Nullius New Member

Sounds completely fair in every way, you get what you put in and nothing that you don't deserve... And this is why the women started a fight.

Unfortunately the way society is with the glass cieling and all that bullshit chances are the man will be bringing more into the relationship so women want to pretty much keep what they didn't earn. If it were statistically reversed they'd bitch like crazy.

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I completely, 100% agree with your logic.

I feel women who are opposed to that idea are pretty much always twisted in the head in terms of money and what they feel they "deserve," and therefore shouldn't be trusted.

BTW, I am female.

4. Nullius

Nullius New Member

I'm so hot for your logic right now.

5. Deborah

Deborah Seeing is believing, but I don't want to know.

:werd: I wonder how can someone disagree with that. However, hearing it when you want to get married might be unpleasant(the fact that you think you might split and the fact that you think she would claim on your money). But well I guess you have to be realistic and this shit happens all the time.

6. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

Agree 100%.

What's mine is mine, and what's yours is yours. I will not get married without a prenup. I don't want his money/assets/inheritance... and he sure isn't getting mine.

I don't see how saying 'I do' to someone entitles you to half of the fortune Uncle Earl left your soon-to-be-ex.. :dunno:

7. JoJoBee

JoJoBee Hanging out with my chicks! OT Supporter

I am female and I completely am a firm believer in this. What it does is if there is a dissolution, it will give you what is yours before entering the marriage as well as what you and the spouse have acquired and makes it fair.

8. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

and, really, it's 2009. A lot of marriages fail. Wanting to protect yourself is smart. It's not really saying you're banking on your marriage failing - I know that's an excuse a lot of women will use. But we're not in the 1950's any more where divorce wasn't very common.

9. Zee916

The two that were really against it are pretty religious. Not sure if it had anything to do with their reasoning but it was certainly interesting to hear them talk about it.

10. JoJoBee

JoJoBee Hanging out with my chicks! OT Supporter

:werd: ugh - wish this shit applied for all the shit going into the relationship with the ex bf of 5ish years... i got fucked.

11. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

:wtc: I hate hearing about people getting screwed by their [bitter] exes. It's just so petty most of the time.

12. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

maybe its because we had nothing to start with.. but if you are going to marry someone.. then you should be able to trust them... if not then maybe the marriage will not work out.

13. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

I dunno. I'm pretty religous and I'm all about the prenup. Like Amanda said, no one plans to have their marriage fail, but sometimes they do. That's the reality of the situation. I don't see anything wrong with being realistic and prepaired.

14. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

gold diggaz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. snoodles

snoodles New Member

zee, did you go to ocs over the summer?

ps my prenup will give me the right to trade my wife in when she turns 40 for two 20 year olds :)

pps, if you did go to ocs then you already know that while marriages now adays fail more often, military marriages' divorce rate is that much higher...just some food for thought.

16. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

Nope, because i'm not a money grubbing whore

17. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

what does a prenup have to do with trust? :hsugh:

18. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

i agree with it, and i'd sign it.

19. freckleface

freckleface expose the raw nerve and get on with our lives...

If you said it the same way you just said it to us. Then i do not get why these chicks would trip.:rolleyes:

20. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

Ohh hi I wanna marry you right now... since I know you know Im rich.. I want to make sure you dont take me to the cleaners 2 years after we are married..

sounds like a trust issue.

Im not saying the are bad ideas for the rich... because there is no way to tell if they are using you or not..

lol if you are dirt ass poor and so the the women you are marrying... and you plan to grow old together.. then a pre nup is a bit silly; any thing yall aquire together is fare to split 50/50

21. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

It has NOTHING to do with trust. MOST marriages end, and I imagine most people don't think theirs will end when getting married. It doesn't say you don't trust the person, it just says that god forbid it goes sour, you know you are protected. Did you even read anyones posts in here?

22. CorpseStreet

CorpseStreet New Member

:ugh: No one plans on getting divorce but it's stupid not to prepare for it no matter how in love you may be. Things may seem great now and you may trust the person but people are assholes and will often try to fuck you over. Its not even a matter of not trusting the person but a simple matter of just being realistic.

With that said, I'm all for prenups :bigthumb:

23. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Every few months I'll actually start a conversation about prenups with my friends while we're all out having dinner. It's always hilarious because the guys all say they're getting one. The girls all start squaking something along the lines of what Greenpillow said (read: nonsense).

Always makes for a :rofl: dinner. Though typically ruins everyone else's night due to couples arguing by the end.

24. Zee916

Yeah I went to OCS.

Military marriages are hard and thats one of the reasons I am not commissioning. Great experience though. Not the only reason but it has always been on my mind for sure.

25. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

Its funny how you can pull apart the weak women from the confident, independent, strong women.

I do the same all the time (dinner) and I have friends who'se SO's/GF's/Fiancee's make comments along the lines of, "Yeah, seriously, this bum aint getting my money if he fucks up" :rofl:

Then you got the 'typical' women, as I call em, that get all up in arms, and 80% of the time its the super 'secure' relationship, extremely jealous g/f, extremely self conscious, someone who needs constant attention, etc.

Some woman are pathetic.