MIL Women in the military

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Artanis, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Artanis

Artanis New Member

Doesn't it suck for them? Surrounded by thousands of males who do not see women that often, irredeemably randy, and they have to deal with the fact that those women may be their boss? I don't have a problem with that, but some people in my platoon do. One of my buddys even called a female sergeant "darling". :hsugh: If I was a woman, I would be pissed off somehow.

2. ZaC851

ZaC851 New Member

I don't think women belong in the military AT ALL.

3. Artanis

Artanis New Member

Many people think that, but the women in my company do better than me. I'm just a recruit soldier, but those women in my battalion sure do their job.

4. Liebgott

Liebgott New Member

They sure do not belong in the Marines, the other services I don't care about.

5. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

They are alright in some areas.

6. s3rca

s3rca New Member

ive served with some that werent able to do their job well because they didnt like being dirty , on the other hand ive had some women in my division that outperformed some men . i dont have a problem with them being here .

7. SixFour

SixFour Get on your knees and smile like a doughnut! OT Supporter

I don't mind, at least we have something to fuck in the desert.

8. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

i imagine there are men that don't want to get dirty either :dunno:

9. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

many times they are cauddled which I think is wrong but for ever 1 that is cauddled their are probably 2 that meet or exceed expectations

10. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

There are a ton on men who my husband worked with who should not be trusted with tools near and aircraft....

11. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

there arent too many who i have been happy with that werent nurses/supply

12. shiba

shiba Active Member

I don't care as long as they are able to do their job and do it well.

13. Schadenfreude1

Schadenfreude1 New Member

I am between this, and "they have no business".

14. s3rca

s3rca New Member

thats also true , i dealt with some reall "pretty boys" when i was an FN . it was pretty shameful to have those guys in my division

15. USMC7684

USMC7684 OT Supporter

With the way things are going in Iraq a lot of Marine Corps units that deploy end up fulfilling some sort of combat related job. I'm a combat engineer and my company primarily focuses on bridging. However on deployment we found ourselves doing countless other jobs. We deployed with a couple women, however due to the nature of our missions, they never left the base. Kinda sucked being sent on mission after mission while they sat on the base and didn't do shit. It wasn't like they were fit for the job and politics were holding them back, they were vocal about not wanting to leave the base. Maybe all women aren't like that, but the whole situation left a bad taste in my mouth.

16. Mangos

Mangos New Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

17. SweetDaddyO

SweetDaddyO we need a montage!!

of the 70ish people in my squadron deployed to the sandbox and forced to live together two-to-a-room for 6 months, only 2 had drama and caused problems by sharing a room.

take a wild guess.

18. SweetDaddyO

SweetDaddyO we need a montage!!

my friends and i actually had an unattractive female pilot tell us she was "so tired of all the guys constantly staring at her" and that "being wanted so bad all the time is getting boring."

she stopped her ramblings when my friend complimented her on "max-performing her flight suit"

19. DSHR

DSHR Well-Known Member

:werd:

20. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

We have no females in my Company but the unit we replaced had a few. Six of them were sent home early because they became pregnant during the deployment. :hsugh:

On the other hand, their head medic was a female, and was one of the hardest working females I've ever met. She earned her reputation after a Buffalo (route clearing vehicle) was hit during one of their missions. She was the first person to the downed vehicle. She entered the burning Buffalo and tossed everyone that couldn't move out single-handedly. After they were all out, she treated the injured soldiers until medevac arrived. She left Iraq last week, and she still had issues with her back from the damage she did to it during that mission.

You can't stereotype people in the military. Whether they do good or whether they fuck up is up to the individual.

21. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

:wiggle:

22. rat

rat New Member

We have about 8 out of 12 women in our company of 200 that are pregnant. Oh and we're about to deploy, how convenient. Even the ones that arent pregnant don't do shit and go and grab us to do all their work.

23. Even though I'm just a cadet I still have a little bit of experience. I have found that, yes some women are babied. Example: Airborne school one of the Sgt Airbornes would always treat this girl from Harvard so good, probably because she was friends with General Petreus's son who was there at the same time. He offered to drive her off the dz in one of the trucks. :ugh:

However I have met so many females that were in excellent shape and good at their jobs. We have a major at our battalion who has a purple heart and a combat badge. She had been in multiple fire fights and shes bad ass as hell. I look up to her a lot because she knows her shit and she loves the army.

Eventually the military will change and you guys saying that females shouldn't be in it are going to the the same when you're all old shaking your canes at the TV when you hear they can now join combat roles.