SRS Women annoy the fuck out of me.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by deusexaethera, Jan 22, 2008.

1. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

My misogyny affects pretty much every aspect of my life. I have no patience for women's ways, none at all. Granted, I cover it up well in public, but basically I can't stand listening to them talk, I've been single for years, and I can barely stand to be in the room with any of my female relatives.

There are a couple of things that bother me. One is the talking. My god do women talk. I've heard the comparison of a man's brain being a room full of boxes with one topic in each box and one box for each topic, whereas a woman's brain is like a ball of yarn where everything's connected to the next thing in some intricate fashion, and in theory I'm cool with that, but you know, when I walk up to one of my female coworkers to ask a five-second question and it turns into a fifteen-minute rant about everything remotely related to what I asked about...I just want to slap them across the face and tell them to do something useful.

God the talking pisses me off.

The other thing is the preconcieved notions about what men are like. Our office manager is about my mother's age, and I guess she doesn't have a lot to do, so she organizes things. Which is fine, because the office was a mess, but I walked into work one morning and found her rearranging all of my IT supplies! My vision literally went swimmy for a few seconds. Fortunately, I didn't flip out and start killing people, but I did make it very clear to her that my job as a systems engineer already requires that my shit be straight, and indeed my shit was already straight, and I would greatly appreciate it if she would not automatically assume that no order exists if it isn't the order she expects to see.

The two examples I've given are from my office, but that's just because my office is where I interact with women the most often. There are other scenarios too. There's a bar I go to sometimes to play pool. I get a table, I drink my beer, and I play pool. I don't hit on any of the women, and if I see any of them trying to catch my attention, I get angry. The thought in my mind, as best I can describe it, is "any woman can look pretty if she puts on tight clothing and makeup; how about if you get off your pretty ass and do something involving skill, something I can respect and admire you for?" Now, I realize a club isn't the ideal place for that sort of thing, but I'll be damned if I can figure out what is a good place for it. Because I'd hang out there every day.

Thinking back on my childhood, my mother was overbearing and controlling, yes, but that's not really related to the problem I have. What is related, though, is that while she has polio and her left arm is basically useless, she still does housework and raised two children and buys the groceries and runs a small business painting portraits and tutoring art students. (She also weighs 95lbs and hasn't hit menopause even though she's 53.) The one girl I ever really got along with when I was young was a tomboy who lived in a solar-heated house in the woods next to my house. The one girlfriend I ever really felt comfortable with was a butch-haircut, pierced and tattooed "loose woman" for whom I eventually turned out to be a pastime for, but before then I got along with her splendidly. (All my other relationships failed when I realized my girlfriends really couldn't give a shit about my interests, despite my willingness to go shopping for purses and shoes with them.)

So...I dunno. I guess it isn't fair to say women piss me off, but most of the common female behavior sure does. I'm a pretty unlikely person to exist -- my father is from a farm in Upstate NY, my mother is a Hungarian emmigrant who moved to Manhattan, they met at a Jewish family resort where my father was ranch-handing to pay for lawschool and my mother decided to visit to decompress after a bad relationship with a Long Islander, my dad got a job in the Army so they got married in a hurry, I was born in Italy...

...where the hell am I going to find someone I can stand to be around, much less stand to get married to and have kids with? I'm so bloody complicated, or more importantly, my expectations are so bloody weird.

:rant2:

2. Drunklands

Drunklands New Member

Ya they're a real pain in the ass sometimes. A lot of the time. Most of the time. Pretty much always.

...but I still love them.

If your blood pressure can handle it, keep looking and you will eventually find someone who doesnt annoy the fuck out of you.
    :wiggle:

3. deusexaethera

Thinking about it, seeing how I've got kind of a technical mind and I play videogames, a gamer chick would be nice to have around. Except I only know one, and while she is also pretty, she smokes pot like 5x a day (which is a no-go with my security clearance) and she's got this long-term friends-with-benefits relationship going with her male roommate. And she likes it that way.

It's almost like, the physical and behavioral traits I'm looking for don't naturally exist in "normal" people.

4. ChaCha

ChaCha Active Member

can't live with em'

can't live without em'

5. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

yea you can live without em

6. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

i've lived without em for 19 years.

7. deusexaethera

I feel compelled to ask whether you're a virgin and/or gay. Because I'm neither.

8. Maximumjmz

Maximumjmz New Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

9. kiri

kiri New Member

everybody's different. the stereotypical woman annoys the fuck out of me too and i'm a woman. i have a lot of distain for my gender as a whole, mostly for the fact that they don't have any of their own interests/hobbies and are only concerned with how to find and keep a man (although i blame this on magazines like cosmo and whatever). that being said, there ARE cool and interesting women out there, but most of the time they don't go to clubs or typical places where guys pick them up. judging by what you've said, i think you should look for intellectual women. do you live near a campus? go to some seminars or something and meet some women who like learning and working hard.

10. deusexaethera

If finding/keeping men weren't an instinctive need for women, they wouldn't read about that shit in Cosmo. No sense blaming Cosmo for something they have no control over.

I live in the DC area, so there are plenty of schools. Driving anywhere is a pain in the ass, though. Step 1 is going to seminars, but Steps 1/3 and 2/3 are saving up enough to move out of the suburbs and then actually finding a place to live near the city center.

11. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Its indeed like trying to find a needle in a haystack, in order to find someone you like (it might be a long shot) i would try to find a Hungarian woman maby?

12. ChaCha

ChaCha Active Member

yeah, pretty sure this isn't something I'd go around telling people

13. ChaCha

ChaCha Active Member

but back to the OP

don't blame your inability to find someone on women. I'm sure women think you're just as crazy, but in their defense they're probably right. You just need to find someone just as crazy as you. And by crazy, I mean everyone is different. Everyone has their crazy side, I think maybe by showing your crazy side you might have a chance to finding someone you are more compatible with.

In other words, change your approach. Don't continue a pattern that doesn't work.

I'm drunk. I hope you can make sense of this.

14. Sybill

Sybill New Member

Ok, just playing devil's advocate here. Don't assume that just b/c she's wearing tight clothes and makeup etc., she has no skills or brains or abilities you could admire her for. Give her a chance instead of getting pissed. Talk to her. Nothing to lose; if she's an airhead, you're out of what? A few minutes of conversation? Often women dress like that b/c they see who gets all the attention: the hotties. If guys weren't all over the ones in the tight clothes looking all hot and sexy (and yeah, I'm generalizing here, not every guy) and actually gave women a chance who looked or acted different, maybe women wouldn't feel the need to dress like that. But comen on, be honest... do guys think "hmm there's an intelligent looking girl I bet has a lot of great interests and is full of terrific brilliant ideas?" LOL, it's more like, shit, she's hot! So it kind of works both ways.

15. CrispyGame

CrispyGame Stop staring at my avatar.

21 years for me. I have no reservations telling others that either. Add in to the fact that I share many of the same views that the threadstarter does.

16. deusexaethera

Dear god no. If they're anything like my mother, they're guilt-tripping codependent bitches, and I'm already hypersensitive to that behavior because of my upbringing.

I get along with my mother fine though. We just avoid hot-button topics.

17. deusexaethera

I understand what you're saying and I agree. The problem is I have no idea what an effective pattern would be to find someone who's crazy like me.

On the other hand, I could probably be happy with a normal girl if she were willing to humor me on a regular basis. As previously demonstrated, I'm willing to humor women, just not without reciprocity.

18. deusexaethera

I'm not assuming a girl in tight clothes and bright makeup doesn't have anything on the inside. What I want is to start on the inside. I can see what you look like the second I look at you; past that, the instincts have already done their part. Can we skip to the getting to know each other?

19. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

Ditto :h5:

This is exactly why I have very few female friends in my life, I have maybe 3 if that. I have several hobbies/interests but very rarely come across other women who do. Sorry, I don't consider going out for coffee to husband/boyfriend bash a hobby, nor is shopping a hobby in my book. Just take a look at almost any female's myspace/facebook profile. 57 pictures of hanging all over other girls or guys while drunk at a club, drink in hand (oh and don't forget the angle shots and butt shots) and maybe 2 of the family, and ZERO doing anything constructive :ugh: Then we wonder why the guys think we lack intellegence or direction.

20. ChaCha

ChaCha Active Member

you know, the best way to find out is to expose yourself.

Be an attention whore at times, put yourself in embarrassing situations. Do what you've always wanted to do, or envied others of doing.

In other words, act as if no one will remember your name and prove them wrong. If you show your unique qualities, others will notice.

21. Sybill

Sybill New Member

I know what you're saying and I agree. And that's what I meant when I said to just talk to them and give them a chance. That would be going to the getting to know each other stage. When you originally wrote that "if I see any of them trying to catch my attention, I get angry", I thought instead of getting angry, just talk to them. You have nothing to lose. And she may turn out to be terrific.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2008
  22. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

:werd:

23. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

I feel sorry for you Dues. Not in a condescending way but because it doesn't sound like you've ever experienced a deep and meaningful connection with a woman. If that's true, it's too bad because it can really be a wonderful thing.

Every woman is different and you seem to want a quieter one. Perhaps you'll find her in quieter settings not necessarily a bar.

24. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

It honestly sounds like you don't like AMERICAN women.

Perhaps try to meet women somewhere ethnic and see how you fare with women of a different race/culture.

25. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

What are these traits ?
    Why do you think of yourself as weird and how does it express ?