Women and PMS

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Guz200sx, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Guz200sx

Guz200sx The man who does more than he is paid for will soo

Why is it some women have a stronger period than other women??

An ex of mine used to become horny when it was her time of the month. Once we even had sex while she was having her period because she was so horny.

My current girlfriend has serious cramps leading up to her period and then her period lasts 7-10 days and she wants very little contact. Basically rubbing her arm or head is all about she enjoys during this time. She also gets very irritatable(sp?). Her breasts also become sore. Last month, she became very ill, even throwing up. She also tells me she is a bitch and quite mean at work. lol

Her room mate also has severe PMS times...Her room mate gets real bad that she does not want anyone touching her.

Also many of the women I work with tend to have very bad times during their own time of the month....Some have very bad cramps, others get very ill.

The whole Premenstrual syndrome is a mystery to me...but one I would like to know more about.

2. Guz200sx

Can the women who frequent this board post their symptons?? Wikipedia says their are over 150 different symptons :eek:

Is their any way to reduce a womens symptons???

My girlfriend told me that taking birth control helps control it or reduces the symptons but her Doctor will not prescribe it to her anymore because she has high blood pressure and that could mess her up. :confused: How is that possible??

3. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/birth-control-pill/WO00098

I can't really speak for PMS, but I have PMDD and all I can tell you is that IT BLOWS!!

PMDD is more than just mood swings and sore titties- its severe mood instability and really painful physical side effects. It only lasts for the several days before your period.

Example: several months ago I was driving home from work and I heard some song (Mariah Carey, I think :rofl:) some lost love song. anyway, I started thinking about what I would do if my best friend or bf died and I was crying the entire 40 minute ride home. Then, when I got home and called my bf, I threw my phone across the parking lot because he was busy when I called him and I didn't think he was paying me enough attention :rofl:

The month before that I was trying to park my car in my parking lot, (I have a parallel parking spot) and got so mad that the car parked next to me was 3 INCHES into my spot that I hit his car. and left it like that until he moved his car the next day. :hsugh:

Along with the craziness, I also have ice packs on my titties all the time and get all sick and throwing up like your gf does.

I can't be on bc either, but I found this herbal remedy called chasteberry that works really well for me. It doesn't use plant hormones so it keeps you much more stable and it's safer. I have found alot of relief with it- but you have to take it for about 3 months before you see any real effects.

Maybe mention that to her? :dunno:

http://www.viable-herbal.com/herbdesc1/1chastet.htm

There's been alot of research done on the affects of chasteberry- pm me if you want more info :)

4. ///M Pilot

///M Pilot New Member

My girl had PMDD that was onset by the pill she was on (Yasmin)

She's no longer on that pill and let me tell you...night and day. The fucking neurosis is gone.

5. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

hormones are a bitch :dunno:

some birth contorls can help with PMS

not like many can help it

6. demosnat

demosnat New Member

I used to have really bad cramps a few days before and a few days after my period. They were lasted about five days. I was also insanly horny.
    I got on birth control, and now I only have periods when I want to, they are light, and last about three days. My cramps are more bearable, and I still get horny as fuck :hs:
    My mom and sister are the same, we all take (or took) BC to keep from having periods.

7. Funklordtoejam

Funklordtoejam New Member

I started on BC to reduce the severity of my cramps (I used to stay home from school because they were so bad).

Anyways, I'm still on BC, if I get any cramps or whatever I smoke a bit of pot and that always relaxes me and makes any headache or cramp disappear.

You may want to suggest to your gf to hit the bong. It wouldn't hurt to try it.

8. lauren

lauren Active Member

why are some people tall? just how it works out.

i'll get random acute pains the first day, but it's not a lingering cramping lasting several days. rarely am i nauseous, but it has happened before. mostly, i'm just tired.

9. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

7-10 day periods? Get that bitch on BC!

10. kiri

kiri New Member

holy mother of god, i will never complain about PMS again :eek4:

11. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

Ya fuckkkk... My girl isn't to bad either. She gets cramps and she is really active up the period and throughout. Her drive doesn't really decrease during it, but she doesn't like to be touched anywhere near her stomach. Even when I was lightly rubbing it oneday she flat out told me to stop.

12. calisteph6

calisteph6 Active Member

I get cramps probably once every 3 periods...usually I just have a bloaty/feeling for about 2 days and the third day is pretty light. I usually don't get much of PMS...every once and awhile I'll cry at spilled milk, but mostly I would say my attitude is slight more 'short' and cynical than usual (which is kinda bad because I'm already pretty damn short and cynical).

Edit: and I am not, and have never been on BC. How old is your GF? I had super long, heavy periods till I was like 21 and then I grew into my current short period.

13. Guz200sx

25 and I found out she has PMDD too.

14. Guz200sx

funny.
    Cause she said she does that maybe twice a year when her friend from cali comes to visit her.

She let me rub her stomach today...which helped her a little.

15. Guz200sx

Her doctor refuses to put her on BC because she has high blood pressure.

16. stormywaters

stormywaters Tornadoes are just wind...

I usually get very sick on the first day of my period. I can only lie in bed with a heating pad. I can't really eat and don't want to be touched. It goes away after about 24 hours though. My period lasts 6 days. I get a little moody before hand, but it's not out of control or anything.

(I was a gymnist for 15 years so my body is a little fucked up)

17. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

If a girl is on the pill does she usually have shorter periods (less than 7 days)? Does it depend on the girl and the pill she's on?

18. Property

Property :fu:

at least she isn't like me. I had my period for 28 straight days and when it ended i was a royal bitch for a week. ;(

its weird too when you get those mood swings
    you know what's happening and you almost want to tell your husband, bf, kid... i'm sorry just please excuse what im about to say to you i really don't mean it. then blow up like nuts. i always just tell them to stay away from me at that time cause i just CAN'T not be pissy at them. its like im a whole other person

:hsugh:

19. Guz200sx

Damn....is that usual for you though to have it for THAT long???

20. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Well get her ass to a gym then :hsugh:

21. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

QFT.

I know that I'm acting like a maniac, but I can't control it. It's weird. Like you said, whole other person. :hs:

22. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

There are many attributing factors leading to high BP. :ugh: You can be of a lower or average weight and still have high BP. Or you can be overweight and not have high BP. What makes you assume she is overweight?

23. Guz200sx

:ugh:

I believe she has HBP because she has a very stressful job.

24. Guz200sx

Good Question.

Answer? :squint:

25. fray

fray New Member

I assumed WYWB just meant that exercise can lower BP, not that she was necessarily fat. I may be wrong.

I personally get very moody. I can almost tell that I'm going to have my period just by how sad/depressed/emotional I get. It's strange though because the rational side of me can see that it's just period-crazies, but I really can't do anything about it, so the crazy side usually takes the lead for a while, and it sucks. I only get mild cramps, if any. I'm off BC right now though and my fucking face broke out like mad this time! Forgot about that lovely side effect.

It's really amazing/scary when you think about the fact that hormone levels can affect your personality so much.