GUN Woman Works To Rebuild After Police Raid Her Home kills her pet

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Nov 21, 2007.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Woman Works To Rebuild After Police Raid Her Home
    http://www.wlwt.com/news/14656397/detail.html
    LAWRENCEBURG, Ind. -- A SWAT team raids the wrong home in Lawrenceburg, Ind., now the homeowner wants some answers.
    Police said they were led to the Village Apartments on the trail of fugitive Sean Deaton.
    Convinced he was inside apartment 407G, the Lawrenceburg SWAT unit surrounded the building.

"It looked like they were ready to go to war," one neighbor said. "Some of the ones out here had AR15's and shotguns."Neighbors said police spent hours, ordering Deaton to surrender. But when that didn't work, they responded with tear gas and forced entry.

"It looked like my apartment was on fire. The smoke was just blowing out of my windows," Kayla Irwin, the tenant of 407G said.

Irwin, a single mother of two, said she is unable to live in her apartment and didn’t even know the man police were searching for. Now, she said, she has been left with the mess and no apology. "It's all covered with poison. I don't know where to start over with two kids," said Irwin. "How do you start with replacing the items that your kids have had since the day they were born?"

She said one of her pet guinea pigs was also killed during the incident.
    :mamoru:
    Neighbors said the police action was simply overkill. "Overpowered. In my opinion it looked like they were enjoying what they were doing. They did not need to do all this," Emanuel Brightwell, an Iraq veteran and neighbor said. Irwin said she appealed to the police, but hasn’t gotten anywhere. "They basically just said, sorry for the inconvenience. Go ahead and clean it up. Clean up our mess," Irwin said.

She said she's had to borrow everything from family in the week since the incident. She also said she can't stay in the apartment because of the acrid gas residue.

An assistant chief and another officer were at the Village Apartments talking to Irwin within 30 minutes of Target 5 asking them about the incident, telling her that they would try to get some money so she could clean her clothes and furnishing on her own.

"This is the first time this has happened. I'm surprised the incident has not been remedied. We will take care of it the best we can," the assistant chief said. Until the incident is remedied, the manager of the apartment complex said he has put Irwin, her kids and her pets in another apartment.

2. Emfuser

Emfuser Nuclear Moderator Super Moderator

I'd sue the shit out of that PD.

3. Gimik

Gimik New Member

yeah, as much as I hate the whole lawsuit mentality, they need to be held liable.

4. smartypants

smartypants New Member

Kind of a one-sided article. I'm curious to hear the full report.

5. Cannondale

Cannondale OT Supporter

I've had guinea pigs before, they are great pets. Poor guinea pig.

:(

I went into Mc. Brides, the gunshop here in Austin that was broken into, tear gas SUCKS. There was still enough of it lingering to burn your eyes when I went in there last weekend.

6. Dumbstixlars

Dumbstixlars Ron Paul/AR-15/Glock/old car/Scooby/R/C croo OT Supporter

Still?

7. Cannondale

Cannondale OT Supporter

This was on Saturday, but yes. There were a few pockets here and there, I believe they had to send a lot of stuff out to detox.

8. Dumbstixlars

Dumbstixlars Ron Paul/AR-15/Glock/old car/Scooby/R/C croo OT Supporter

Weak.