SRS Woman + son + no babysitter = need date ideas

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Drewski, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Drewski

Drewski New Member

Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster.

So here’s my problem, I met this woman online that I really click, only problem is, she is having major problems finding a babysitter, so we haven’t been able to go out yet. She’s meh on the idea of the kid meeting me on the first date so me going over there when her son is awake to do something isn’t really that good of an option.

She’s still a little on the fence since she has a kid and is a bit older. I want to do something that a)shows I appreciate the fact she has a kid, b)respects the fact she’d like to keep me out of sight of the kid for the first little while, and most importantly, c)something that wouldn’t require a babysitter.

Any help/ideas would be appreciated.

2. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Thats a good idea.

3. johan

johan Active Member

You shouldn't meet the kid just yet. Not for a while either. That's not a good first date activity, as it raises the stakes way too high and escalates too fast. That leaves you ill-suited to making a proper decision about things.

Let's face it, first dates, and sometimes second and third dates are about getting to know the person. You need to evaluate whether or not you actually have feelings, and if so, if it would be a wise decision to get involved.

You can have feelings for someone that .... you probably shouldn't date. Sound obvious, right? But so many people throw that away and just jump right in. And then they come here and whine about unreturned affection, use n' abuse, fuck n' dump, etc etc.

The lunch date idea is a pretty good one, except you have limited time, and you do need extended evening contact (several hours) to see behind the mask.

What's the problem with getting a babysitter? Money problems? Or she doesn't want to be separated from the kid? Or this is a smokescreen? Meaning maybe she doesn't REALLY want to date you, but can't turn you down to your face?

4. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Ding ding ding. Sounds like she doesn't want to go through the trouble of a babysitter, is all. Lunch will prove it either way. Have lunch. If she likes you, she'll find a babysitter. Cock-lust does amazing things.

5. MissKitty

MissKitty If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum' OT Supporter

Doesn't she have any family than can look after the child? For even an hour or two?