SRS Woman question (so what else is new)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Ford4Life, Feb 12, 2005.

1. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

I'm getting mixed signals from a chick and I'm not sure what to do. I haven't dated in a while so I'm rusty at this stuff. :hsugh:

I'm a senior in college, she's a sophmore and we are in the same class. She's pretty quiet, doesn't talk to anyone in the class except for me, and she's way cute. Everytime before class she comes up and we start talking and we walk together after class is over. Normally I wouldn't make much of it but I'm the ONLY person she talks to, and she started sitting real close to me in class. We exchanged emails and she's emailed me a few times.

I sorta like her, and for some reason keep thinking about her, but I'm mixed up on the signals. I was thinking of asking her out but I don't want to end up looking like a jackass if I read this whole thing wrong. :hs:

2. Ask her. If she says no, you're one step closer to finding the right woman for you. Besides, it's all a numbers game anyway. If she likes you for who you are - then you're gold, but if she doesn't like you as you are, you've just saved yourself a lot of time and money, and you can immediatley move onto the next woman.
  3. Nihilist

Nihilist Guest

Ask her out, make sure you don't become a "friend".
  4. johan

johan Active Member

Nov 4, 2003
    You basically have to start seeing her outside of class.

So let's pretend her name is Lydia. There's two versions, depending on how confident you feel:

Version 1: less confident
    YOU: "hey Lydia, I'm going to XYZ with some friends on Friday night, you want to come?"

Version 2: more confident
    YOU: "hey Lydia, want to go with me to XYZ on Friday night?"

You being friends with her, have chosen XYZ as something that you know she likes, or has at least a passing interest in.

She'll either say yes or no. Take it from there.