GUN Woman kills intruder, wounds husband in home invasion

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Mar 28, 2008.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

March 27, 2008, 9:11PM
    Woman kills intruder, wounds husband in home invasion

By MIKE GLENN
    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/5653636.html

An east Harris County woman said she was protecting her family when she fatally shot an intruder holding them at gunpoint inside their apartment.

"I refuse to be a victim," said Angela Patterson, shaken but still defiant after the ordeal. "He put a gun in my face. If you're bold enough to do that, you're bold enough to shoot us."

Patterson and her husband were watching television about 11:45 p.m. Wednesday when a man stormed into the apartment in the 800 block of Audrey. Authorities identified the man as Charles Freeman, 21.

He was holding a semi-automatic pistol and wore all-black clothing with a bandana covering his face, authorities said.

"He came in and demanded money and the TV," said Harris County Sheriff's Lt. John Legg.

Patterson's husband told the intruder that he needed tools to remove the wall-mounted television.

"He said 'Give me the cash.' I said, 'We don't have any cash here,'" Jeffery Patterson said.

Freeman ordered the couple to take off their clothes and closely watched as Angela Patterson disrobed in the living room.

"He didn't pay attention to me so I charged at him," Jeffery Patterson said.

As the two men struggled, Angela Patterson ducked into their bedroom to retrieve a pistol.

"I got the gun and stepped back in and fired," she said.

Freeman was hit at least once and fell to the floor but an errant round struck her husband in the right arm, authorities said.

The intruder stumbled outside. He collapsed at the bottom of a flight of stairs leading to the family's apartment, authorities said.

Jeffery Patterson roused their two daughters, 8 and 13, who remained asleep during the incident. After locking the front door, the family moved back inside the apartment and called for help.

Jeffery Patterson was taken to Ben Taub General Hospital as Harris County Sheriff's investigators interviewed his wife.

He was back home on Thursday with his right arm wrapped in a thick bandage and still wearing the hospital's pullover smock.

"I thank her," Patterson said, motioning toward his wife, "and I thank the Lord that we're still here."

Sheriff's officials said Freeman targeted Patterson's family after noticing the television set in the apartment while he was buying narcotics in the area.

Detectives are still questioning a woman seen with Freeman earlier that night and later found waiting in a car nearby.

The fatal shooting will be referred to a Harris County grand jury, authorities said.

2. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

One less idiot for the rest of us to worry about. Knowing the media this won't get much coverage beyond this article.

3. lt1aggie

lt1aggie what?

almost flawless

4. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

Stealing the tv, eh?

5. ReefBlue

ReefBlue New Member

The antis will file the husband as one in the 'firearm used against member of the family' column.

6. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

:mamoru:

7. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

how the heck does one person let alone two people sleep through a fire arm being discharged multiple times in an apartment? ah to be able to sleep like a child again.

8. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

Why will the case even go to a grand jury?

9. jonny427

jonny427 Scooby Doo OT Supporter

Its in Texas too :ugh:

10. thedude11

thedude11 New Member

All shootings in Texas do...

11. shagwag3n

shagwag3n New Member

always good to hear this type stuff.

12. s2k

s2k OT Supporter

Sheriff's officials said Freeman targeted Patterson's family after noticing the television set in the apartment while he was buying narcotics in the area.

how can the cops know this if the guy is dead?

13. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

By interviewing the guys who will be trying next week?

Good on her for having the state of mind to break and exploit his OODA loop.

14. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

they caught his gf in the get-a-way car. she probably spilled the beans.