MIL Woman killed by US military truck

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Mint Berry Crunch, Jun 11, 2005.

1. Mint Berry Crunch

Mint Berry Crunch Active Member

Woman killed by U.S. military truck

June 11, 2005 ㅡ A 51-year-old Korean woman was struck and killed by an American military truck yesterday in Dongducheon, Gyeonggi province, north of Seoul.
    The 2.5-ton vehicle was driven by a private stationed with the 55th Military Police of the 2nd Infantry Division. He was taken to Yangju Police Station's Dongducheon office for questioning. The vehicle was returning to its base at the time of the accident.
    South Korean authorities have jurisdiction over crimes and accidents caused by off-duty U.S. military personnel, while the U.S. military has jurisdiction over cases involving those who are on duty. Major Michael Lawhorn, public affairs officer of the 2nd Infantry Division, said the accident took place while the soldier was on duty, but said it was too early to make a decision about jurisdiction since investigations are still ongoing.
    Lieutenant General Charles Campbell, the commanding general of the 8th Army, issued an apology and expressed condolences for the fatal accident.
    Army officials are expected to contact the family personally to express their condolences.

http://joongangdaily.joins.com/200506/10/200506102231538809900090409041.html

2. Mint Berry Crunch

People are already holding demonstrations outside our installations: "Death to America", etc. Though not as bad as when those two little Korean girls were killed by that tank a few years ago.

3. Dogz

Dogz interior crocodile moderator

:rofl:

4. Mint Berry Crunch

Oh BTW, the 55th MP Co is not part of the 2nd ID. It's in the 94th MP Bn, 8th MP Bde, 8th Army. I'm in the 728th MP Bn, 8th MP Bde. We're down south from the 55th.

5. Mint Berry Crunch

It was an FMTV he was driving, and it's policy to have a TC while operating one. I'm pretty damn sure there was a TC.

6. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

When I was active (a helluva long time ago, now) if things like this happened in Turkey the SOP was to get your ass to the base as fast as possible. You did NOT want to spend time in a Turkish prison.

side story: I once had a pastor of a church I went to tell me that when he was in Vietnam, he drove over several people during each of his two tours. :ugh:

7. Soren

Soren OT Supporter

i dont think it was the infiltrators that convinced them that...

we hate the north koreans more than the south koreans do. Anyone would have a problem with all these soldiers of a difference race and culture in bases in your country especially if they are from a country with such a bad rep.

8. Soren

Soren OT Supporter

:ugh: details?

9. Mint Berry Crunch

10. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

Sorry - I haven't talked with that Pastor in years. That's all the details I have. :dunno: