GUN Woman in Wheelchair Shoots Alleged Mugger

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Sep 9, 2006.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Sep 8, 11:19 PM EDT

Woman in Wheelchair Shoots Alleged Mugger

Advertisement

NEW YORK (AP) -- Margaret Johnson's wheelchair might have made her look like an easy target. But when a mugger tried to grab a chain off her neck Friday, the 56-year-old pulled out her licensed .357 pistol and shot him, police said.

Johnson said she was in Harlem on her way to a shooting range when the man, identified by police as 45-year-old Deron Johnson, came up from behind and went for the chain.

"There's not much to it," she said in a brief interview. "Somebody tried to mug me, and I shot him."

Deron Johnson was taken to Harlem Hospital with a single bullet wound in the elbow, police said. He faces a robbery charge, said Lt. John Grimpel, a police spokesman.

Margaret Johnson, who lives in Harlem, has a permit for the weapon and does not face charges, Grimpel said. She also was taken to the hospital with minor injuries and later released.

© 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy.

I'm suprised she hasn't been charged with anything, but I'm sure the civil suit is being filed.

2. Phantomlord

Phantomlord New Member

If I were the doctor that treated him, I would have dared him to try to lick his wound

3. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

Elbow with a .357? Maybe she should drop to .38SPL.

I'd be surprised if his elbow isn't shattered.

4. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Well she was on her way to the range hopfully now she realizes she does indeed need more range time.

As far as the .357 to the elbow that;ll be his reason for a large civil suit she deprived him of his livlihood how is he going to snatch chains and purses with only one good arm :wtc:

5. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

If I'm not mistaken, that "I'm on the way to the range" is standard wording, since target and shooting permits allowed transport to and from range loaded, isn't that NYC legalese?

6. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Im not sure how the nyc permit system works, i'de be suprised if it did allow loaded transport to the range, i think in my county if you only have a target permit you cannt transport it loaded. NY permits are fucked though every county has different rules its like moving from one state to another if you move to another county.

7. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

I like Colorado's rules. If you're in your car you can carry it cocked and locked and not have to worry about a fucking thing whether you have a permit or not.

8. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

WTF? Robbing the crippled
    :Harlem: Oh my bad