Wolverine?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by SS109, Apr 21, 2009.

1. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

So who had seen the download? How is the movie? Especially for X-men fans? I didn't care for the last sequel, went too far away from the comic books.

2. UrbanKnight

UrbanKnight Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun

Then you won;t like this one either.......

toryline is pretty bad, good eye candy, but thats it..

3. nozoki

nozoki Hail to the king, baby.

That clip of Gambit jumping off a building and twirling a stick over his head like helicopter blades to float to the ground was it for me. Fuck this movie.

edit: 2 Ash AVs in a row. One more and we win the jackpot.

4. Ingen

Ingen New Member

7 7 orange. Sorry bout your jackpot.

I'm excited for it... I never got into comic books but I always liked the xmen cartoons haha, so I'm not the hardest moviegoer to please by a long shot. I have barely seen any previews, either

5. jesijoe

jesijoe New Member

I seen the workprint (not totally finished,graphics wise)and its not too bad
    It wont win any awards but its watchable
    Id give it 5.5/10

6. Morpheus647

Morpheus647 New Member

Just got back from seeing it, I didn't like it at all. The story was pretty piss poor and I felt like a lot of the characters were poorly represented compared to their characters in the comic books.

7. Zuzukil

Zuzukil New Member

i went into the movie with no expectations and still came out fairly disappointed.

there was a lot of flash and special effects but at the same time it seems like some of the scenes were set up horribly. you could almost see the stage in some parts and the lighting was pretty funky.

i was also a little disappointed with how some of the characters and their powers were portrayed.

and then some of the plot elements felt pretty stretched with even a hole or two mixed in

8. Eskimo Yo-Yo

Eskimo Yo-Yo absent OT Supporter

9. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I enjoyed it for what it was-mindless gratuitous action. That's all it is.

10. RunninWild

RunninWild How subtle of you

I loved it.. I hated X3 and loved X:2... So that might help you determine how I judge movies.. I really enjoyed it.

11. Twinsen

Twinsen OT Supporter

I thought it was...meh. 6/10.

12. Morpheus647

Morpheus647 New Member

I thought it was pretty terrible. I was especially dissapointed in Dead Pool.

13. Boing

Boing OT Supporter

Yep.

14. Boing

Boing OT Supporter

This was the only thing that really bugged me about the movie. Though I will say, his claws looked awful in some scenes. So fake.

15. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

i've seen reviews where people marvel at how good the graphics and CGI were....

those people are both idiots and legally blind. i physically cringed at some scenes due to how terrible and mashed up the graphics were. they were either visually stunning (cyclops' blasts were great), or looked they they had been photoshopped by an OT'r frame by frame.

decent flick, but overall you'll come out of the theater with a sour taste in your mouth.

16. Zeromancer

Zeromancer Pampita's Love Slave

The editing was poor and the CGI was sloppy at times.

17. ApathyAsylum

ApathyAsylum OT Supporter

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ElBicho/news/?a=7247

18. c0ldf1ame

c0ldf1ame New Member

pretty bad, his claws were so bad looking, i could see them floating all over his hand in some of the shots, and some of moments are just not quite there,

19. marvd00d

marvd00d Gonzalez>Swine Flu

I was entertained

I laughed at the gay cgi of wolverines claws though in the bathroom.. they looked so bad

20. tibbar

tibbar aww fennec foxah aww

As someone who enjoys shitty action movies, I was really annoyed with the deadpool character. Even though I've never read the comics and only seen snippets of deadpool, I think the character is awesome. What they did to him was fucking retarded.

21. White Stormy

White Stormy Take that, subspace!

I don't give a fuck about the comics.

The CGI on Wolverine's metal claws was so bad that I thought I was getting punk'd. Luckily, the CGI on most everything else was fine.

The scene where Gambit comes out of fucking NOWHERE to prevent Wolverine from killing Sabertooth just to agree to help Wolverine if he really does intend to kill Sabertooth was the dumbest thing in the movie.

Ryan Reynolds' character was pretty awesome, but Deadpool was fucking stupid. The scene after the end credits was god damned retarded.

Sabertooth is a million times more cool in this movie than he is in the other movies.

"No one kills you but me [and I'm gonna pretend like I don't know you when we meet in X1 20 years from now]"

The CGI de-aging on Professor X only lasted a few seconds, but it was even worse than the Wolverine claw CGI.

Stryker was better in this movie than in X2.

The reviewers on AICN are mentally challenged if they don't understand why Stryker wanted to kill Wolverine after being unable to wipe his memory and turn him into a mindless soldier. And how do they not understand why none of the mutants rescued didn't recognize Wolverine in X1? The only mutant rescued in this movie that was in X1 was Cyclops, and he had his damned eyes closed for the entire movie. How is he gonna recognize someone he's never seen? And no one in X1 knew who Wolverine was.. they certainly didn't know that he doesn't age, so Cyclops would have no reason to suspect that this dude who looks like he's the same age as him was the dude he never saw who 20 years ago looked 20 years older than him to everyone else and rescued him from the island.

The movie is worth seeing just for the intro credit sequence.

"Decapitate."

22. haarago

haarago OT Supporter

I usually don't side with OT alot on movies but as a comic book fan I thought it was absolutely dreadful! There were good action scenes but the story line sucked major ballsack. If you knew nothing about the Marvel Universe then you may have liked it. I think it just really sucks that Fox took one of the coolest and most recognizable X-men characters and made such a piss poor movie to represent him. We are all dumber for have watched this abomination, I award them no points, and may God have mercy on their souls. :squint:

23. The Grid

The Grid OT Supporter

I cannot stand movies that make stupid leaps of logic like this, but sadly it is becoming the norm for movies now a days... which is why when a movie doesn't have all these plot holes usually does really well in the box office

when i saw gambit twirling down from the sky like mary poppins to stop wolverine from killing a guy he wanted dead was fucking inconceiveable. I was literally :ugh:

Overall the movie was good/fun/entertaining but it could have been SOOOO much better b/c the storyline of wolverine is fucking amazing.

THey should only let JJ Abrahms or James Cameron make these movies from now on... they would be amazing

24. ApathyAsylum

ApathyAsylum OT Supporter

:bowrofl:

25. RougeOgre

RougeOgre FS Librarian and MOD

and lots of nekkid/semi-nekkid Hugh Jackman :mamoru: