GUN Wolf fucked me in my SFDCC match tonight and I need suggestions on a good sling

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Accord, Mar 29, 2006.

1. Accord

Accord New Member

So we had a SFDCC match tonight (basically IDPA, but with pistols AND rifles) and I was shooting Wolf and got totally fucked. On the first stage we were only supposed to load 6 rounds in the first mag and then reload with a full mag, well after I eliminated the first 3 targets with kill shots to each one the bolt didn't lock back and fully cycle, i'm assuming because Wolf isn't a hot round at all, but what a shitty time for it to happen since i've since gone 2,000 rounds without a single failure. Well I didn't think much of it and continued on to the cover position where i'm supposed to reload and the RO right behind me was like "how many rounds did you load?" because he thought I had more rounds left since the bolt didn't lock back and he wasted 30 seconds off the friggen timer making me clear my weapon to prove I only had 6 rounds in there. It probably would have only wasted 1 or 2 seconds at most for the failure if the RO didn't sit there for half a minute screwing me over :greddy:.

Everyone who was shooting 1911's had at least 1 or 2 failures, and the only other failure besides mine was a guy with a left handed Stag upper who had FTF's every single round and he had to pull the charging handle back after each shot like it was a bolt action rifle, it was pretty funny.

Also, I really need a tactical sling, in previous SFDCC matches some stages would be pistol and some would be rifle but tonight it was pistol AND rifle, and only having a regular sling made it impossible to transition and I was going pretty slow because I didn't want to accidentally sweep anyone. What's a good tactical sling for a 20" AR-15 that will allow me to easily transition from rifle to pistol? I don't want a 1-point sling which I assume would allow the easiest transition.

There was this one rich guy there with a SBR full auto Uzi which was fucking sweet he also had a silencer on his RRA M4gery, I knew silencers in real life sounded nothing like in the movies, but I was still pretty surprised at how loud it was, the initial firing sound was almost as loud as a regular shot it just didn't have that huge cracking echo for miles. There was also a guy there who seemed pretty young mabye 25 and he had a Blackwater hat on, I don't know if he was an actual contractor or if he just went to some of their classes or if he just had the hat, but he was a friggen badass and totally owned everyone there.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2006
  2. 01_Cruiser

01_Cruiser An American Classic OT Supporter

#1 always use quality ammo in comps

#2 i dont know what type of sling to use

#3 most silencers make a loud "POP" on the first round that is fired...and I dont know why, but someone here who has one could probably explain it to you :o

3. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

suppressed .223 sounds more like a .22magnum. still a lot quieter than originally.

4. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

i made my own 3 point sling for about 3 dollars w/ parts from ACE hardware. there was a tutorial on arf.com but i can't find it now

5. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

I bet none of those failure came from a Wilson. :mamoru:

I bet they were Kimbers :o

6. Platinum_Thunder

I thought about those too. Really nice looking, and they are made by a different team....not made by the people that do the Milspecs and loaded. I don't care for the sights on them, but that's minor. Also, the slide is parked, not armory kote..so add another $100 or so to the price of the gun.

7. Platinum_Thunder

I looked at one yesterday for $900 new.

8. Accord

Accord New Member

So they use whatever they want, there's no "standard issue" tactical sling? :eek3:

9. Accord

Accord New Member

10. ShackleMeNot

ShackleMeNot MINDSET

For a three point sling go with Blue Force Gear or Specter (CQB Solutions).

11. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

Theres a gun show coming up this weekend. By the end of this year FFLs will probably not sell firearms to me anymore. Not because I've done (or am planning to do) anything wrong or illegal. I'll still have a perfectly clean criminal record and I will still be legally allowed to purchase and own firearms through private sales. But FFLs probably won't sell to me anymore.

12. I only use wolf out of my Olympic, out of the last 2500 rounds I've only had 1 failure to feed and that was due to a wolf casing expanding in the chamber. Shit you could be using ss109 and have the same problem but people wouldn't blame it on the ammo.

13. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

14. ShackleMeNot

ShackleMeNot MINDSET

This should have happened years ago.

15. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

Does it have to do with what you did at that petting zoo? If so may God have mercy on your soul.

16. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

:mamoru2:

17. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

I would suggest Blue Force Gear's SOC-C sling, which you can configure as a 1-2 or 3 point sling depending on your favor/purposes.

18. 01_Cruiser

01_Cruiser An American Classic OT Supporter

:roflwtf:

19. jimmybuffett

jimmybuffett New Member

there is nothing wrong with wolf, there is something wrong with your gun

20. ShackleMeNot

ShackleMeNot MINDSET

21. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

22. Accord

Accord New Member

Ever since the ND a week or two ago, they're even more strict than ever now, all the back benches are gone and now you're basically not even allowed to touch your weapon or put it back in it's case without not you, but the RO clearing your weapon for you. The atmosphere at Markham is more like an adult day care center as opposed to a shooting range, thankfully SFDCC matches and other things weren't really effected by the ND that much, just they're enforcing the existing rules more than in the past and people are more aware of their muzzles.

When I went to Markham last week and was ready to leave, the RO cleared my Sig and then started yanking on the trigger as hard as could to make sure it was clear and he pulled the trigger probably 6 or 7 times and then he locks my slide back and releases it slamming forward, the noise made me cringe. It's common courtesy that you don't release a slide on an empty chamber on someone elses gun and let it slam forward and you don't sit there dry firing the damn thing 10 times as hard and fast as you possible can. I told him that I hope he didn't damage my firing pin by doing that and he just gave me the whole "i'm a professional, I know what i'm doing, don't question me" attitude :rolleyes:.

I'm going to be staying away from Markham as much as possible other than SFDCC matches and other events. I heard that the county just approved an expansion at Trail Glades for a 600 yard rifle range but it's going to be about 2-3 years before it's completed.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2006
  23. ShackleMeNot

ShackleMeNot MINDSET

It's called being helpful.

:naughty:

24. Gaunt

Gaunt blood for the blood god OT Supporter

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: why would you use wolf in a comp

25. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Pretty much what I was thinking, unless it was sort of AK comp I wouldnt use wolf even then I'de probably dig into my norinco ammo stash :dunno: