GUN Wolf blows up AK

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Jul 3, 2006.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

well sorta its fixable.

pics in link, just copy and pasting text
    http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=87736

Wolf ammo blew up my AK-47!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys- Out of the hundreds of thousands (millions) of rounds that Wolf exports to the US, I had the unfortunate experience of having one of a few overpressurized rounds, outside of chamber tolerances.

I shot my Armory USA SSR85C-2 (AKM-47 clone) Saturday morning, and on one round, it actually made my thumb hurt (which was resting alongside the receiver.) I thought it odd, but the rifle re-chambered a round, so I continued to shoot. Well, that round was a light primer-strike (failed to ignite.) I worked the action, and put a fresh round in the chamber. This one lit, and it chambered a new round. This last round also failed to ignite (light primer strike.) At this, I set the rifle down, and had trouble working the action.

I took it straight to my gunsmith, and he showed me where the hot round had bulged the front trunion on both sides, and had damaged both my lugs and my bolt!!

After a word with my local gunstore (who I bought the rifle from, and who is a stocking dealer for Armory USA), I was speaking to Jimmy, the owner of Armory USA, and getting the matter resolved.

It ends up, Jimmy has a few rifles destroyed by improperly loaded Wolf ammo (which he suspects is all from a single lot.) As a whole, he doesn't believe current production Wolf to be bad, but there was one lot where rounds were getting the wrong kind of powder, or something.

Anyway, Jimmy is going to give me a completely new rifle, and is going to go after Wolf for the damages. Jimmy is known for his customer service, and this case is no different. Way to go Jimmy!

I'm just glad my rifle was tough enough to "take" the overpressurized round, and didn't actually blow apart in my hands! No injuries, so I can't complain TOO much.

Not bashing Wolf, as I have shot (and will continue to shoot) a bunch of it, but I just wanted to share my experience.

This particular rifle has had about 500rds through it so far. Not new, but not 'old.'

2. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

hope they all cancel their orders more for me :eek3:

3. SnakeEater

SnakeEater OT Supporter

Interesting
    Least the guy is alright

4. KIDRR

KIDRR Duck dog>* OT Supporter

Yeah, stop buying Wolf more for me.

5. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

Anybody know when Wolf is gonna start being widely available again?

6. zOMG. No AK's for me!!11!!one

AK = KB

fucking design flaw in the gun obviously

[/typical OTer Glock-hate response]

7. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

Pretty impressive to know that even after a hot round, and the bulging like that, the ak was still able to chamber and fire a round.

8. RonJeremey

RonJeremey OT Supporter

OMG AK MADE BY GLOCK?!?!?lc

9. 01_Cruiser

01_Cruiser An American Classic OT Supporter

:werd: the US military needs to start carrying them :o

10. striker754

striker754 Chillin

No, totally opposite. An AK can contain bad ammo. A glock has a chamber flaw.