woes of being fat....

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by slikna, Feb 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slikna

slikna Grenade

Lol so here is the deal. Currently im ~215 pounds and I stand at 6'4". I would really like to lose something like 20-30 pounds of fat. I know that doesn't sound like much, but ive already lost something like 60 pounds and these last pounds are coming off reallllllllly slow.

Here in lies my problem. I lift weights at the same time. Im torn between gaining muscle and losing fat. I really dont want to cut because I don't want to lose any muscle strength, but I don't want to be fat anymore either. Is there anyway to lose the weight and atleast maintain the muscle I have now. I don't really care if I gain anymore while im losing the weight, I just want to maintain it.

2. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

Why not post up some pics?

3. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

But Carb Cycling is suppose to be pretty good for maintaing muscle

4. slikna

slikna Grenade

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hooray for being fat. Or not. Anyways I guess these will serve as the before pics.... lol. Got any info on said carb cycling?

5. Phineas Q Stork

Phineas Q Stork Active Member

Do you have a decent amount of loose skin?

6. slikna

slikna Grenade

Ive lost the 60 pounds over a period of about 5 months. Basically since I still have about 20-30 pounds or more to go untill im atleast in decent shape, the skin still has a good amount of fat to support its shape... so to speak. lol. So to answer your question im not experiencing loose skin as of now.

7. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

I was in a somewhat similar situation as you, but I never got as heavy. I'm 6'5". I got up to about 226lbs and cut down 195. Currently bulking and I'm right around 220 but with more LBM. I have some pics of precutting, postcutting, and mid-bulking right now in my training log:

http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=2250190

Everyone will recommend that you bulk, but do what will make you feel best. That last 30lbs of fat will do wonders for how you look.

8. slikna

slikna Grenade

ahh man thats good work there. See i would be more than happy looking like how you look. It deffinately doesn't show in my pics, but I do have a fair ammount of muscle hidden under that fat... so im hoping that at 190-195 ill have some sort of broly shape going on. lol...

Here is where im frustrated. I don't exactly eat perfect, but I don't eat horribly either. I run anywhere from 1.75 miles to 2.70 miles 5 days a week. My weight is still basically at a plateu. I guess im going to have to reduce my intake and lay off all fatty foods, and increase my running. I hope that will give me the results im looking for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.