MIL WOCS as a civilian?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Dash, Dec 23, 2005.

1. Dash

Dash math is :o

Im a junior in college finishing up a math/history dual major for Dec 06, I took the ASVAB and got a 99 w/ a 137 GT score. I realize these alone aren't saying much, just putting them out there?

my question is:

has anyone applied for wocs as a civilian or know anyone who has? if so how did being accepted/rejected go? My recruiter told me he had some all american aerospace engineer with recommendations from senators get rejected, and that the way to go is to enlist into the aviation field and apply from within. Is there any truth to that?

Basically just wondering if anyone has anything to share on the subject, thanks a lot!

also, I tore some ligiments in my knee about 6 years ago (not my ACL/ other major one), never did physical theraphy but have lifted on and off since then and am able to do squats / run / etc without difficulty. very Rarely my knee will lock up but will always be fine about a minute later, very rarely it will buckle. I'm worried these are enough to ensure I won't get anywhere, am i right?

2. Dash

Dash math is :o

sorry should have provided more information.

I'm looking at Army for 153A, helo pilot.

I hadn't looked at the FAQ thread but I've read just about all the official WO sites I can find along with usmilitary.about.com which is an excellent source.

moreso just hoping for some personal experience regarding the injuries and wocs

3. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

Yes you can apply for the Army Warrant Officer Aviator program as a civilian.

Click this link and click the civilian applicant link. After reading that page go speak to a recruiter and email the POC listed on the civilian applicant page with any questions.

http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/

4. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

Barton564 wears the shiney bars of a Warrant Officer, and flies for the Army.