GUN WMD recoment me AR mag holders

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Dumbstixlars, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Dumbstixlars

Dumbstixlars Ron Paul/AR-15/Glock/old car/Scooby/R/C croo OT Supporter

I registered for a Tactical Response class and I have most everything on the list of required equipment except for mag holders for my rifle. I don't have a vest of any sort, and I just cleaned my self out of ordering a bunch of ammo to run through my rifle over the next couple of weeks before the class. Any suggestions?

2. ShackleMeNot

ShackleMeNot MINDSET

[​IMG]

For your first class just use your pockets. No need to buy something expensive that you won't use after class.

If you must buy something, Bladetech and a few other holster makers make a single mag pouch out of Kydex or injection molded plastic. They are cheap and they work.

3. minus

minus Damn you, Damn the Broccoli, and Damn the Wright B

I was gonna say ask Shay or James or Ib Shay or James but you beat me. I'm not that quick this early at work.

4. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

Good ear and eye protection are the highest things on my list, then a working rifle, then working mags, then working ammo. If you have all of those things down, then where to put your mags will figure itself out. You will probably see a whole lot of options at the class, and what you learn there will help your gear selection down the road. While you want quality gear when you do buy it, you don't necessarily need a bunch of it to take a class.

5. Dumbstixlars

OK good. I'll just do that then. :)

I have plenty of mags for my rifle, the rifle is good too. I plan to run 500-1000 more rounds of the ammo I have through my AR before I go to the class though just to make sure everything is kosher.

6. ShackleMeNot

ShackleMeNot MINDSET

Dude, don't spend that much ammo. Get your rifle really hot (say 200 or 300 rounds rapid fire) and call it a day. Beware of cookoffs after the 150 round point.

7. Dumbstixlars

Well, I've only run about 250 rounds through the rifle since I bought it, and I just ordered another 1500 rounds last night (already have about 2K).