GUN WMD: I have wood; Do you?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by phrozenlikwid, Aug 5, 2008.

1. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Went on a wood buying spree today.....

I have a thing for exotic/pretty wood, and found a good deal on stuff that I don't see very often.

There's a good 'ol boy not far from my house who is absolutely SICK with wood, and I bought it with his skills in mind. I went to school with his brothers, and he was making musical instruments (guitars, bass, banjo, everything) when he was in the 4th grade (my momma was his teacher). I shit you not, these guys are incredible. Meeting them is literally like going back to '40s era rural America. They are all somewhat mentally handicapped, and live more/less off their family farm. They live simple lives, are hardworkers, and are generally some of the happiest people I've met (they've helped us in Tobacco, Hay, and have build some cabinets for us). You couldn't find better guys, and I always enjoy my time whenever I'm up there . They also play bluegrass music, and while not my thing, it's awesome hearing them as they are as tight as any jam band around.

Anyways.... Check out the blanks I have coming.

African Pink Ivorywood: Pretty rare stuff, and rare to see this kind of grain it in (it's usually rather curly). Probably my favorite snag of the blanks I got.
    [​IMG]

Purple Heartwood - Looks kind of light in the pic's, but should end up more of a grape color once finished.
    [​IMG]

Curly RedHeart - Not too familiar with this... Almost looked like Coco-bolo, but I hear it's much more vibrant. We'll see:
    [​IMG]

So yah, I'm pretty excited. Not too sure what I'm gonna put them on yet.... If I can ever get through to my plater, I'm thinking about having my CZ 40B chromed as well. The Pink Ivorywood, combined with a matte frame/polished flats would look PIMP I think. I'm not usually for flash, but pretty wood calls for a pretty gun.

If you have wood, post it up. I'm not talking some common ass birch shit; but surely in a sea of tacti-coolness I'm not the only one with a affinity for some dense fiber.

2. hsracer201

hsracer201 New Member

thank God i did not open up this thread to find pics of your penis. :)

looks like you got some nice wood! oh shit! they sounded ghey. :ohmy: :notghey:

3. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

I debated capping off with a picture of my wang, but decided that probably would violate a host of rules. I can always PM you some if that's your thing?:naughty::hay:

4. Carl Brutananadilewski

Carl Brutananadilewski Active Member

The pink ivorywood is pretty :cool:

I'd like to get a rifle to hang over a fireplace some day, something where I could put a stock made out of some exotic species and it would look like a work of art, but right now everything I have is function over form :hs:

5. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

I have a Gibson les paul with some nice custom woodwork, I forget what kind of veneer it has on it but it's beautiful. I'll see if I can find some pics.

6. Finest

Finest OG #93

[​IMG]

Keep us updated on what you do with them.

7. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

I had to check that I was not in freakyshiat, since many WMD'ers post in there.

Odd correlation there.