GUN WMD Crew, need some help.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by PanzerAce, Oct 16, 2006.

1. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

I would post this in the main forum, but I would only get BS replies, plus, it IS related to guns :big grin:

Basically, Im a college student, but my hobbies are stretching my paychecks pretty thing, which means I cant save for a car (hard to get to the range without a car :(). So I need more than the 110 a week I get for my IT job, any suggestions? The gun shop in town isnt hiring right now, but apparently a new one is opening up, maybe Ill try there :dunno:.

2. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

What caliber do you shoot? If it's .45 or something trade them for 9mm's, cheaper that way. Cut back on the gun buying for awhile until you can afford a new ride if you have to.

Only other way is ask for a raise, or get a second job. I'm not sure how it it is now with all the TSA bullshit, but when I was in college I worked at the airport loading stuff into planes. It was pretty easy work and I made $14 an hour for it.

3. Michael Westen

Michael Westen OT Supporter

Or trade them for a .22 perhaps like a P22 and maybe a 9mm for defense/bigger booms.

As for making money, got any talents like art or something you could do on ebay to get some other cash? I know what it's like, you just need to come up with something is all.

4. eWRXshun

eWRXshun hai

what exactly is the question you want answered?

basically want some extra money?

i'm at LSU (taking this semester off, though) and wait tables. i wish i did that in high school, average week night i'll make more than $70 in cash, great weeknight, over $100. weeknights i'll work maybe a 5hr shift before my section gets cut. weekend nights i'll pull more than $150 for a 6hr shift.

its nice having the cash in hand that evening and if you have good spending skills you'll never use your debit or credit card unless you really want to. i haven't used my debit card in a month now and i still have cash to put in the bank for savings.

paycheck doesn't count for shit, the 2.13/hr goes straight to taxes. i might have a 2 week paycheck of like $.80.

this is at a nationwide restaurant chain like carrabas food level. not friday's, but not smith and wollensky's. baton rouge doesn't have much of a restaurant scene too so its not like we're slammed all night either. if you're in a big city, you could probably double what i make just from volume.

5. eWRXshun

eWRXshun hai

if he's an art student, a lot of places like coffee shops will display their art with contact information for customers wishing to purchase.

what's your major? maybe some of us could give you advice for a part-time job whilst in school full time for a little extra money on the side?

6. eWRXshun

eWRXshun hai

and contrary to popular belief from a previous roommate and other people i know, online hold-em poker is not a good source of income.

7. Gimik

Gimik New Member

Isn't it illegal now anyway?

8. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

I am a History major.

As for what I shoot and cutting back on that, I only have one gun that is good to go right now, a Savage 93R17 (.17HMR).
    As for skills that I could sell stuff over Ebay, my only real skill (as I see it) is building computers, and the problem with that is startup cost. As for waiting tables, I might try that if the other gunshop doesnt open for awhile.

9. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

I'm kind of in the same boat you are, just I don't have a job at all. I think I'm going to apply for a retail position at the Kevin's Guns and Sporting Goods we have here.

10. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

Short answer is no. Most gambling sites are located outside of US jurisdiction anyway, and there's no world court ruling on gambling, so no. There was good thread in the MF yesterday.

I bartend/wait, and it's good money. Lets me spend my financial aid on guns.

Are you getting fin aid?

11. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

nope, thats the problem with having parents help you get through college.

12. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

You still should be able to get some money. Go to your schools Fin Aid/Scholarship office and see what's up.

13. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

I tried, I get loans, but Im actually using those on tuition and books and stuff like that. ah, the down side of having parents that work in the computer field in the CA bay area :hs:

14. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

Save up enough for a cheaper reliable car.
    Then go back to spending money on guns etc.

I am having a problem right now with a car too.
    Not, buying one, but managing to pay for gas. I have a 4X4 79 Chevy truck and have to drive half an hour each way every day (which costs alot by itself) Only to take the train for another hour to try to save money on gas.

Not only am I spending alot more on gas since Ive had to go back to school, but my earnings a week have went down from about $200 a week to around $100 a week.
    I may have to sell it and get a nicer american economical car.
    Problem is the only economical american cars are all lame :hs:

I cant stand the thought of getting rid of my truck. I know Ill never own another like it :wtc:
    I almost think that its worth spending all that money on gas just to keep it

15. Gimik

Gimik New Member

I parked the truck and bought a cheapy 4banger to drive back and forth to work every day. I'll never sell my truck though.