GUN WMD Crew looking to locate a sling...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by copeland, Aug 6, 2009.

1. copeland

copeland smarter than you

I'm looking for a single point sling (much like what you see on the Magpul DVD)

wondering if anyone can source a manufacturer or has a list of bits needed to assemble it (have made kits before with nylon webbing.)

Thanks...

2. The Magpul video featured their MS2 sling, which is pretty much impossible to get now. I had one, and I sold it because I don't like the narrow webbing (it isn't very comfortable if you're carrying a weapon slung for a few hours.) Also (and this is only my own conjecture) I didn't really trust the latch system on the MS2. The thing just doesn't inspire confidence when you look at it. Catch it on anything and it releases with just a gentle pull, and it relies on small parts and a little spring to keep itself together. Currently I have a BlueForce Gear UDC sling with the mash hook connector. The webbing is stiffer and wider, and I like how the mash hook connector only has 1 part and is basically foolproof.

3. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

I have yet to find a single-point sling that is comfortable and functional.

4. The UDC isn't uncomfortable. I have a 2 day CQB class at the end of this month, so I'll have more experience with it after that, but it's definitely more comfortable than the MS2. Anyways, you're not supposed to be walking around with the rifle dangling from the sling all the time, so it's not meant to be bearing the entire weight of the gun all the time. That said, even keeping the rifle at low ready when carrying it the MS2 became uncomfortable. Oh, and my rifle is pretty light as far as ARs go. I'd hate to have done it with a 9+ pound rifle.

5. sprite

sprite Active Member

Padded VCAS on QD swivels son.

6. copeland

copeland smarter than you

Hmm so the search continues then...I was thinking single point would be best for range trips/shtf bug out. Are two point slings still the desire then?

7. Razardica

Razardica Active Member

Padded VCAS with ring/snaphook single point mod.

8. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

this ^

http://www.vetvax.com/hardwaresnaps.html

Haven't looked around to see where they get the snap shackle with the flat loop for the webbing yet.

9. kellyclan

Single point is fine for a range, or retention for a few minutes.

If you're going to be carrying your sling rifle for potentially hours, it's the wrong choice, you want a 2 point for that.

10. Razardica

Razardica Active Member

11. kellyclan

You could use one of those. I prefer the snap shackles.

12. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

- would recommend a 2 point sling. I run the vtac sling. With a e point sling you can carry the rifle for extended periods. Second you can cinch it up to give support for off hand shooting. Lastly and most importantly for what I do, I can tighten up the sling quickly with a quick pull strap and let it hang in a manner that the hot barrel does not brand me. - can then transition to pistol and run around without burning myself. With a single point sling you can really burn the shit out of yourself with the rifle flopping around. Check youtube for videos on the vtac sling, there is one from kyle lamb showing how veritive the vtac is. I'd post a link but -'m on my ackberry

13. spdrcr

spdrcr OT Supporter

How do you guys have your VTAC slings mounted? I have SOPMODs with QD sling swivel attachments and the standard sling mount up front on one rifle and nothing up front on my second rifle.

14. spdrcr

spdrcr OT Supporter

15. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

On my AR the QD thing that works with the vtac stock and then a uncle mikes QD thing that works with a standard swivel sling stuff for the front. For my shotgun I got the uncle mikes QD things for swivel slings studs front and back.

16. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

I have no idea what I'm talking about, but I'm with Yar. 2 point sling FTW.

17. 2L Bunny

2L Bunny "It's only a Rabbit"

For SHTF, if you're carrying a pack, a single point is a great way to go.

I have a Tactical Tailor single point with the bungee end and HK hook for my AR and AK's. Same sling fits all (3) rifles. I also really like a new designed single point Greyman Gear is making, they're a small shop out of Bend OR.