MIL WLC Question

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by the raging enigma, Jun 26, 2007.

1. the raging enigma

the raging enigma If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidenc

I am trying to get scheduled for WLC during the last week of Sept, first week of october. My birthday falls in that window, and its the age where i hit the next age bracket for my PT. PT is definately not one of my strong spots, so i was wondering - What age would they use for my PT test? When I get there, I will be 26, but will turn 27 a few days after.

2. pakman

pakman New Member

However old you are on the day you take the PT test is what bracket they would use. I think we took our PT test the following Monday, got there on Friday. Call them and find out when they usually schedule PT tests. And do some damn PT!

3. the raging enigma

I do do PT, but i just had a kid and i am not up to par yet, but i also don't want to wait to go. There is a opening and i was hoping on taking it. I can pass a PT test, but it would be nice to have a few more points added.

4. hitzchicky

hitzchicky New Member

congrats on the child :)

5. SeaMack99

SeaMack99 OT Supporter

I don' know how it is back in the states but I know here unless you are trying to make honor grad or commadants list PT isn't a real serious issue. Between now and then you got more than enough time to prepare.

6. pakman

pakman New Member

Yeah, I forgot to mention the PT test and weight eval won't fail you out of the school. You can still graduate, and your unit can retest you for up to 90 days after to give you a satisfactory rating.

7. the raging enigma

It is still considered a marginal on your 1059. I went to PLDC years ago, but I ended up spraining my ankle pretty bad and was unable to pass the pt test, but they kept me the whole time to see if I would be able to try to take one the day before graduation. Needless to say, I didn't get to graduate. I have been working my ass of and I am able to pass PT now, but as far as the weight thing goes, I never make tape. (i am almost 5'1 and have a larger than average chest). I have been disenrolled from WLC in the past for this, because i missed tape by .5%. But when doing other variations of body fat testing, I am way under the army standard. But that fucking tape test gets me everytime.

8. pakman

pakman New Member

Things have changed lady. You can graduate with a marginal, but you have to be able to pass it within 90 days of returning from WLC. We had like 3 people in our class who couldn't make tape, still graduated. Hell, like 25% of our class didn't even pass the PT test but still graduated :hsugh:. Yay to our NCO creed.

9. Happy Hazard

Happy Hazard New Member

GL in WLC, you will have fun even on your second time around. Where are you going to be attending?

10. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

It's sad what the Army is doing to standards just to meet mission/manning requirements. When I went through PLDC the PT test was the first thing they administered. If you failed you were out.

11. Happy Hazard

Happy Hazard New Member

Same, except apparently you could fail it but you had one retest at the end of cycle...that one was your pass/fail. You obv couldn't make commandants list or any of that shit failing.

In Graf it was fucking snowing and about 0' outside during ours, was administered first morning after in-processing.