SRS Withdrawls from Crack

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by ally, Jan 11, 2006.

1. ally

ally awh kittah

Hello everyone,

I have some questions that I hope people can help with on a first hand basis. I know that everyone is different in thier recovery but any tips will help.

My brother is going through withdrawls of crack. To my knowledge he has been doing it for about 1 year and has been trying to get sober for the last 2 months (approx.). He was in the hospital for psychosis and does have medication for the tremors.

My question (after that long intro!) is if anyone has gone through these withdrawls, what did you do to help them? Besides calling your sponsor or taking prescribed meds? Is there anything that helped them subside? Thanks for anyones advice :sadwavey:

2. 311-420

311-420 New Member

i wish i could help, but i dont know the first thing about crack.

3. def328

def328 New Member

I can't answer you and only hope for the best. My experience with a family member was with opiates. Took about 2 weeks of withdraws and detox with no meds to help. Calling the sponser and makings meeting when their able is the best medicine I think.

4. skillfull87

skillfull87 New Member

I really don't have much help to offer either. I got sent to a wilderness intervention program, and I had withdrawls in the field. I was sick as shit, I hallucinated, I slept all day... but in the mornings I had to hike 1-3 miles. I think the activity helped for some reason... I also drank a shit load of water. I don't know what to say, but it ended up only lasting a week or two.