SRS Withdrawing from Friends/Family

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by kodiak, Mar 9, 2005.

1. kodiak

kodiak Member

Not exactly sure what is going on with me. Latley I have found myself not even wanting to deal with my friends that I have known my entire life. I live with two of my best friends and have barely talked to them in the past week, apart from the occasional hello. I seemed to just easily annoyed with them. The same thing is going on with my brother who I usually talk to on an everyday basis, and I havent talked to him in a few days.

I have been spending must of my time in the gym or doing homeworking/watching tv by myself. I have been somewhat depressed for the past few months (girl issues & acutane). Not sure if the depression is just getting worse and is why I am withdrawing.

2. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

If this persists, then it is a cause for concern. But there's nothing wrong with withdrawing once in a while. It helps you to find your center once again. If you find yourself feeling hopeless, worthless, acutely upset, etc... then be concerned. Otherwise, just enjoy your time alone. A week is not very long.

3. kodiak

kodiak Member

Thanks for the heads up. That was the thing is that it wasnt bothering me that much, I am actually enjoying the time to just relax and go to the gym/pool.

4. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

If you're going to the gym/pool, and being productive... then I think that this is a good thing. As we get older, our friends come to define us less and less, in a way.

5. Britney Spears

Britney Spears New Member

Beverly Hillz, California *~ I LOVE FANMAIL! ~* Je
    At least you're not locked up on your house strapped to the computer. (unlike some people :rolleyes: )

6. kodiak

kodiak Member

Suprisingly I am enjoying myself quite a bit. I have actually branched out and have made quite a few new friends in the past two weeks.

7. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

You go girl!

8. Britney Spears

Britney Spears New Member

Beverly Hillz, California *~ I LOVE FANMAIL! ~* Je

Awesome. Where is the problem?