With the Blackberry storm having landscape text/email

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Pineapple Devil, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

how the fuck can apple not have it on the iphone? :ugh:

this thing is starting to piss me off the more apple drags their feet on features customers want

how hard is it to add landscape t&e, copy and paste, and mms

2. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

app store > copy and paste

3. CortezBanks

CortezBanks West Coast, Best Coast

app store has app easywriter which allows you to do just that

4. CarRamRod

CarRamRod The schnozzberries taste like schnozzberries.

Yea, but it should be native. The App Store ones I think you have to start an email, exit out, go to the app, type your email, then go back to email.

5. trouphaz

trouphaz New Member

i hope the blackberry storm really takes off and gives the iPhone a run for its money. maybe direct competition will get Apple to move on the few things that the iPhone is lacking.

6. mojito

mojito New Member

sure type in vertical mode ftmfl

7. hurleyint1386

hurleyint1386 Someone has sand in their vagina

It probably won't for Mac users right now. The Missing Sync and one other program don't work with the Blackberry on new MacBooks and MacBook Pros. RIM is looking into it and trying to fix something so it works again.

8. eWRXshun

eWRXshun hai

afaik easywriter is for emails, not sms.

9. trouphaz

trouphaz New Member

to be fair, mac users aren't the largest population in the computer market. i don't mean that with any rudeness or anything, but if RIM could make a device that gets some real excitement it might put some pressure on Apple just to finish off the few things that the iPhone is lacking. i think Apple did an amazing job with the iPhone, but the handful of things they left out are kind of strange and seem like they'll have to address it at some point or another.

10. quid

quid I Piss Excellence OT Supporter

:werd:

11. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Yes, we need to complain about landscape view, copy/paste, and other problems more. It's fixed all of the problems the iPhone has had since it was released right?

12. hurleyint1386

I'm not saying that Mac is a huge market. I'm just saying that there are Mac users that have BlackBerrys and are having issues with their software right now. Blackberry has made an announcement about an issue with it, and that they are looking into a fix for it.

13. 5SpeedSER

5SpeedSER OT Supporter

pretty much.... copy paste probably isnt a simple addition either. landscape typing is meh...

14. trouphaz

trouphaz New Member

copy/paste shouldn't such a hard thing to implement. isn't there already a jailbreak app that implements it? i'd really like to see multitasking and background processing. i think if apple implemented that, then copy/paste would be easier (you can have a daemon running as a background process that can interact with the current running app). it would also give you the ability to actually run a chat client properly and maybe have apps like Pandora running in the background.

15. The1Ash10

The1Ash10 Active Member

I don't think that was ever in question. I agree with his point, though. How hard is it to create a cut-and-paste feature and landscape email/text. It's something that everyone wants...

16. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

But it's Apple. They have to figure out their own special way of implementing it. As many have found with the SMS apps that allow landscape, it makes it hard to read the entire message as it takes up a lot of screen real estate.

How does Blackberry implement copy and paste? I assume Apple could just have a copy and a paste button in the submenus of the keyboard then allow you to select the specified text. Having used the iPhone since it's initial launch and using it much more then the typical user, I have yet to run into a situation where I needed copy and paste. I'm interested to see what the next thing people bitch and cry about is once Apple implements it. No Bluetooth data transfers?

17. eWRXshun

eWRXshun hai

why couldn't apple implement a 2 two finger tap right click like on the new mb's for a copy/paste submenu, i don't think it should be that hard.

methinks both issues will be addressed in a later software release.

18. hurleyint1386

The only situation where I would like copy/paste is if someone sends me a picture and i have to type in the username and password. I always have to go back and forth between my SMS and Safari to see the picture.

19. trouphaz

trouphaz New Member

as a person who obviously uses forums a lot, how can you have never wanted copy/paste? i'm annoyed on a daily basis by this. i have a 1 hour bus commute to and from work during which i spend most of my time browsing the internet on my iPhone. i find tons of stuff that i want to either email someone or link in a forum.

20. trouphaz

trouphaz New Member

so you don't want copy/paste, you want apple to implement MMS... something 99% of current phones have. lol.

21. hurleyint1386

I would love actual MMS, but if they should at least implement one of them

22. trouphaz

trouphaz New Member

MMS is actually something i can live without because i've worked a way around it. i just setup my wife's phone with my email address. so, when she sends an MMS, it goes to my email instead of my phone and it comes to my phone as a regular email with an attachment.

23. Wolf Demon

Wolf Demon HURF DURF OT Supporter

I want a Blackberry Storm...it's a good phone that is actually coming to Verizon. I'm still a bit iffy though because knowing Verizon, it will have the same shitty locked down UI that all of their phones have. I'll probably be forced to suscribe to their shitty V-Cast service too

24. Pseudonym

Pseudonym --

Use the "Mail Link To This Page" feature.

25. trouphaz

trouphaz New Member

look at that. i never click that + sign. hehe. and people say complaining does nothing. ;P