With only 4.5 cubic feet to work with..........

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Axilrod, Nov 21, 2002.

1. Axilrod

Axilrod Guest

Should I do 2 Kicker L7 12s ported, 2 L7 10s ported, or 2 L5 or L7 15s sealed??? Amp is a cc-d2400a, and hte car is a 4th gen prelude.

2. DSHR

DSHR Well-Known Member

You should go with the 12" L7's no doubt. Are you going to be running these at 1ohm I hope not? What are you planning on tunning it to? One last question why are switching from DD to Kicker you had one the best subs :confused:

BTW i was thinking about running MTX subs for a month or two but I refuse to run bs subs in my car and I threw away the HU that didnt work that I installed 2day.

3. Axilrod

Axilrod Guest

I dont know, I want to try something different, I've never really done more than one sub before. Why do you "hope that I'm not gonna run the amp at 1 ohm?" It makes full power at 1 ohm, so why wouldn't I. I'm gonna tune it somewhere in the 36-40 hz range, i'm not sure yet. I just have never played with kicker subs before and I didnt know if 2 cubes per sub ported was enough for the 12s, I might just do the 10s. If I dont like this, I'll go back to DD.

4. DSHR

DSHR Well-Known Member

1ohm I think would destroy the subs after awhile. They can't take a beating like DD subs can. You will prob be happy with your setup for a little while. Ive done a couple installs with Kicker subs for friends and such. My buddies truck 3.5 cubes sealed doing at least 140db with 1kw. I also did an install with 2 10" Solobarics 6 cubes 35hz dam was it loud all in a 94 Accord. Im about to build a enclosure soon for 2 12" Kicker Comp VR's 5 cubes 40hz.

How much are you getting the Kickers subs for? You must be getting the hookup.

5. Axilrod

Axilrod Guest

250 for the pair of 10s, all the way up to 300 for the pair of 15s, yeah, that's why I dont really give a shit if I like them or not. In your post above are you talking about the square ones or round ones.

6. DSHR

DSHR Well-Known Member

The round ones they were loud :)

7. Axilrod

Axilrod Guest

So you're telling me you put 2 round solobaric 10s in a 6 cube ported box??? They wouldn't last 10 minutes.

8. 04

04 Guest

I would go with the 15" versions. Especially since you can get them for 300 dollars for the pair.

The 12" would probably be the loudest, but below the tuning of the box, you would have like no output.

I would do the 15" in sealed boxes, but thats just me.

9. DSHR

DSHR Well-Known Member

They lasted for about 6 months they only had about 500w each. The subs didn't have much sq at all it wasn't an ideal setup for 10's.

10. Axilrod

Axilrod Guest

Those subs were designed for like a 1 cube sealed box, they probably sounded bad because that box is way too fuckin big.

11. DSHR

DSHR Well-Known Member

I was in the 9th grade when I designed the box. So I thought it sounded good. It missed alot of notes during songs because of it being so peaky.

12. Axilrod

Axilrod Guest

Fuckd you you pice of shit, yo didnt onow dick in 9th grad, i know way fuckin more than yo, and those solobarics arent worth a shti in hue ported boxex sof uck you you fuck you can lick my bacllls my stereo will always be louderthan yours.

13. STA

STA Guest

14. DSHR

DSHR Well-Known Member

:joshers: :joshers: :joshers: :joshers: :joshers: :joshers:
    :joshers: :joshers: :joshers: :joshers:

15. 04

04 Guest

:rofl:

I hope you arent being serious.

16. Axilrod

Axilrod Guest

My fault, drunk friend on my computer last night.