with BC and condoms out what can we use

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by phonobone, Oct 8, 2007.

1. phonobone

phonobone New Member

i dont want a baby:nono: so what can i use instead of birthcontrol or condoms with the gf?

she presently can not use birthcontrol of any kind because of surgery and lupron injections to stop cycles due to endometreosis

thx for comments

2. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Read the sticky. Also, she should ask her doc. If she isn't having cycles, is she even able to get pregnant?

3. Marix

Marix OT Supporter

Huh?

You might want to clear up your definitions of what you think "birth control" means

Also - why can't you use a condom?

4. verdiocchi

verdiocchi Oh snap!

The ring, the shot, an IUD...prayer :mamoru:

5. GreyRS

GreyRS Your ignorance cramps my conversation.

Fingers, oral, and anal.

6. HoodRich

HoodRich Professional Street Nigga OT Supporter

why not just use a condom?

7. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

ibhe'llcomplainthey'retoouncomfortable :rolleyes:

8. Dreams2Reality

Dreams2Reality saywhat

:rofl:

:rofl:

9. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

I dont know why you cant use a condom, but theres always the diaphragm or an IUD.
    Both are still birthcontrol methods so maybe as someone already said, you should probably reevaluate your definition of bc and read the gd stickies.

10. sassy2424

sassy2424 New Member

:werd::werd::werd:

if you're not using condoms or birth control and assuming she doesnt want to use any other form of rings or IUDs, better just stick to these :wiggle:

11. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Honestly, if I''m going to have to use a condom, i'd rather just fool around or masturbate. I CAN not get off using that shit, I never have been able too.

12. lauren

lauren Active Member

werd. discomfort is an understatement.

13. mrchina

mrchina Guest

I don't want to eat food or drink water, but I also don't want to have any IV's force feeding me food.

HOW SHOULD I EAT!?!?!?!

14. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

15. Lovely Atlantis

Lovely Atlantis Luscious Lovely Lady!

The only other options outside of hormonal therapy (pills, patch etc) and condoms are IUD and Diaphram... or ofcourse abstinence.

I was actually going to post a similar thread to this one, but I guess I'll just add it on to here.... hope that's ok. I don't mean to steal the OP's thread, but I think we would both benefit from the same information.

I have just decided to go off hormonal contraceptives (they really fucked with my sex drive). In the past my hubby and I didn't like condoms at all. We've decided we'll have to try them for a while (no other options really). BUT, I have an appointment with a gynacologist in a few months to get either an IUD or a diaphram. So my question is this- have any of you used an IUD or diaphram? What were your experiences with them? Pro's, cons? Things to be aware of? Would you recommend them to someone else?

16. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

I dont have any personal experience with either, but have good friends who are on both.
    The diaphragm is great (according to friend1), but it can get a bit messy with inserting/removing it. She loves it though - much cheaper than other bc b/c you dont have to refill an rx all the time or pay for insertion (like with an IUD).
    The IUD is fantasitic (according to friends 2 and 3) but alot of Dr's have reservations about women who havent given birth/had a baby using them b/c of the size of your uterus. Friend 2 had to have some serious discussion w/ her dr before they would go along with it b/c she hasnt had a child yet. Friend 3 actually got pregnant (w/ her 2nd child) while using an IUD, but I'm not saying this will happen to you/anyone else - she was extremely "lucky" according to her OB who said in 25 yrs he'd never seen that.

17. Emfuser

Emfuser Nuclear Moderator Super Moderator

:h5:

:hsugh:

18. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

As much as people tout the wonders of the Iud, I've know of more than a few IUD babies. They can come loose, fall out or just be plain ineffective. A friend of mine's little sis is an IUD baby. they have pics of her sonogram in utero Right next to the IUD. So, it, like most other things are NOT 100%.

Diaphragms when used properly can be great but you need to get fitted for one properly and know how to use one. When Paired with Spermacide gel They can be just as effective in preventing pregnany as condoms. BUT it doesn't save you from STI's so Give it thought and get tested.

19. Lovely Atlantis

Lovely Atlantis Luscious Lovely Lady!

STI's really aren't an issue for me. I'm in a monogomous relationship and my husband and I have only ever had sex with each other.

I was worried about the IUD and future infertility issues to, but my doctor seemed to think it wouldn't be a problem. I'm really hesitant though... I definetly want kids some day. And I DON'T want them now either.

Looks like diaphram might be a better bet then I guess... although more opinions are welcomed please

20. Phantom Empress

Female condom
    Spermicide gel (though it's WAY less effective when used alone)

Or just stick to anal and oral.

21. calisteph6

calisteph6 Active Member

I know someone is going to yell at me over this, but what about just using the pull out method. You have to make sure you have enough control to never cum in her and if you're going to have sex twice in one night you have to piss first...but with perfect use the pregnancy rates are similar to condom use.

Beware, I do know a chick who had a kid via the pull-out method, but I have no idea if they went at it again and he still had sperm lingering or what.

22. Phantom Empress

PRE CUM STILL CONTAINS SPERM.

catholics use rhythm or pull-out method and you see how many kids THAT produces. I can NEVER suggect pull out unless you are willing to have an abortion or are ready for babies.

23. calisteph6

calisteph6 Active Member

They have never proven there is sperm left in the urethra after a guy pees. The failure rates are higher, but similar to condom usage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coitus_interruptus

It has been suggested that the pre-ejaculate ("Cowper's fluid"), fluid emitted by the penis prior to ejaculation, contains spermatozoa (sperm cells), which can easily pass into the upper female genital tract in the presence of cervical mucus.[8] However, several small studies[9][10] have failed to find any viable sperm in the fluid. While no large conclusive studies have been done, it is now believed the primary cause of method (correct-use) failure is the pre-ejaculate fluid picking up sperm from a previous ejaculation.[11] For this reason, it is recommended that users of withdrawal have the male partner urinate between ejaculations, to clear the urethra of sperm, and wash any ejaculate from objects that might come near the woman's vulva (e.g. hands and his penis).[12]

I wouldn't recommend the rhythm method, but when done right fertitlity awareness can be very effective, but it's pretty complicated and it's better to talk with your doctor about using it.

24. almostnormal

almostnormal OT Supporter

It's all in your head, like everything with sex. I used them for 2 and a 1/2 years with the same gal.. while in my forties. Try a different brand.

25. fray

fray New Member

I thought condoms were like 90-something% effective and pull-out was like 70%?