GUN With all the anti-gun talk its nice to see something like this

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by [DWI], Sep 20, 2007.

1. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

With the United Nations continuing its efforts to enact draconian, transnational gun control laws in countries around the world, yesterday the U.S. Senate passed the Foreign Operations appropriations bill, which included an amendment by Senator David Vitter (R-LA) that seeks to address the U.N.’s ongoing international gun ban efforts.

By an overwhelming 81-10 vote, the Senate passed Sen. Vitter’s amendment to prevent any funding to foreign organizations that infringe upon the Second Amendment rights of lawful American citizens. Any organization that adopts a policy anathema to the U.S. Constitution’s Second Amendment would no longer be eligible for U.S. financial assistance—including the U.N.

The gun ban issue in the U.N. has been percolating for more than a decade, and while NRA has been successful to date in precluding the U.N. from enacting its anti-freedom agenda, the bureaucrats at Turtle Bay remain committed in their zeal to push for additional restrictions on the rights of free gun owners in the United States and around the globe.

Global registration and tracking of firearms would inevitably lead to the global disarmament of free citizens everywhere; something that we cannot and will not let happen. NRA will remain vigilant in monitoring the U.N.’s anti-gun actions and speaking out in the international community in support of Americans’ Second Amendment rights.

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Federal/Read.aspx?id=3228

2. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

3. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

My nigga.

He also voted against returning habeas corpus, though. :o

4. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

The U.N. is worthless anyway.

5. a12345j1

a12345j1 New Member

Hell yeah, guns are needed, I dont care what others say, they got a problem, let there ass be in trouble one day and wish they had a chance to defend themselves

6. Wave

Wave Carlos Spicy Weiner

You read all this anti info in the media and it sounds like they're days away from outlawing anything that even looks gunish... and then you read about this... 81-10 is a pretty serious line in the sand so to speak.

7. fatmoocow

fatmoocow bored OT Supporter

How the fuck is the UN going to "prevent any funding to foreign organizations that infringe upon the Second Amendment rights of lawful American citizens." Last time I checked the UN doesn't pass laws in America. Of course they will vote for this, it's worthless. The UN trying to prevent the sale of munitions and guns between countries doesn't really infringe upon the 2nd amendment, all it does is restrict the availability of cheap ammo. It's not like the US would stop participating in the UN or cut funding over any of this either.

It's just bullshit to make you think they care.

8. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

9. Tdizzle

Tdizzle New Member

Maybe so, but every inch forward for us also means an inch back for Hillary and her crew.

10. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

Scroll to the top, and start again skippy..

The US senate passed that bill AGAINST the UN...basically it would cease funds to the UN immediately. Still has to make it's way around capital hill before hitting dubya's desk anyway though. Start calling some peeps.

Anyone have a bill number?

11. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

I did a quick check (and someone may want to double check me) but it appears to be

H.R. 2764: Department of State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs Appropriations Act, 2008

that coming from

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-2764

looking under the details for amendments you will see if you search for vitter

shows this link

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/amendment.xpd?session=110&amdt=s2774

the text states

SA 2774. Mr. VITTER submitted an amendment intended to be proposed by him to the bill H.R. 2764, making appropriations for the Department of State, foreign operations, and related programs for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2008, and for other purposes; as follows:

On page 410, between lines 15 and 16, insert the following:

RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS

Sec. 699B. None of the funds made available under this Act may be made available to any international organization, agency, or entity (including the United Nations) that requires the registration of, or taxes a gun owned by a citizen of the United States.

it stops well short of what I would like to see done. I would like to see it written such that confiscation or limitations on weapons were also grounds for denial of funding. In addition I would like to see it written in law and not just for the 2008 funding bill.

12. Dumbstixlars

Dumbstixlars Ron Paul/AR-15/Glock/old car/Scooby/R/C croo OT Supporter

Finally something good.

13. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

I'd like that reworded to say that they wouldn't fund them if they did that for gun owners in ANY country, not just our own.

That's a start, but realistically the U.N. doesn't have the balls to pass a law taking firearms from Americans, are you kidding me? Every tin foil hat crew member would start a small arms war, immediately.